Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel tree help

stevensfamily

I have decided to take a chance and build a pixel tree. Tree will be 10 strings of 100 pixels. I have seen a lot of great videos online but haven't quite figured out how they are done. If anyone has sequences to share that would be awesome.

1 hour ago, stevensfamily said:

I have decided to take a chance and build a pixel tree. Tree will be 10 strings of 100 pixels. I have seen a lot of great videos online but haven't quite figured out how they are done. If anyone has sequences to share that would be awesome.

10X100 you wont find any. You can get some and try to convert them in SS to your size but not sure how your controllers will handle them since you don't mention how you wish to control said tree.

Stick wit the norm 12X50, 16X50 or the new 16X25 and make things much easier on yourself.

Adding which controller will be utilized, your license level and experience level may get you more opinions and answers.

JR

As mentioned, stay away from a 16x100 tree.   I have seen NO sequences for sale or trade for them.

however, I make a 16x50 (x2) tree.  Its two strings of 50 pixels per string of the tree.  this allows me to have a larger tree with closer pixel spacing, as the pixels are laid out like  1-1 2-2 3-3 etc per string.

Keep in mind that if you are using LOR you will likely HAVE to have the Pro version.

Also keep in mind, that a pixel tree can not run on the same network as the regular LoR controllers.

you either need 2x RS485 adapters or have some network skills and have the tree on its own router (e1.31).  NOTE with the router idea... MOST pixel sequences come LoR compatable. Which means they are NOT in e1.31 configuration.  This means you have to manually change EVERY PIXEL three times for every strand over to the 1.31/DMX style.  OR... you can buy and upgrade SuperStar Sequencer to 16ccr and it can make the conversion instantly.