Light-O-Rama Forums

Not really sure where to ask this ?

David Barnett

Hi folks, if this is in the wrong section...my aplogies..feel free to move/delete what ever may be necessary.

I was watching the awesome vids of your wonderful shows, had a thought regarding when the lights changed colors....hence the following crazy question.:P

Ok, I'm guessing, that when we see different colored lights lit up; they would have to actually be installed on the roof etc.

Do you know if they make, or if it's possible to make a set of say icicle lights, that would allow you to control the indiviidual bulb sets on that strand.

I'll try and explain, I have a set of icile lights that have 3 colored lights on them..red/green/frosted. It would probaly take 3 seperate plugs, for the individual colored lights...but it would sure save a lot of time,money..etc. to be able to say just turn on the red lights through the sequencing.

Do you think this would be possible, or is there something now? Seems like for animated light folks, this would be a great help.

great community, Thanks in advance for your kindness.

Best,

David

If the icicle lights had a built-in controller that allowed you to change between the colors then you could remove it and connect the wires to a LOR controller. If the icicle lights were just static, then you can't control the individual colors using LOR. This is because of the way the lights are wired at the factory.

If you want to have color changing icicles you could buy sets for each color you want and then overlay them on the roof line bringing down 1 cord for each color. That is the way most people achieve color changing icicles.

tom.

Hi Tom, yes, I was afraid of that. Unfortunately, this set is a static set. Sure would make life simpler if possible, as opposed to running 3 diff. sets of lights.

Maybe someday. Thanks

Best,

David

• 4 weeks later...

I find icicles to be too 'thin', so I took a set of clear and zip tied a set of blue ones so that the blue stands fell between the clear strands. You could do the same thing with different colored sets to get the effect you want. Takes a bit of time to build them, but after that they go up and down just like one strand.

David,

The easiest way is to zip tie the different colors together. We use Clear, Blue & Purple. Also I have noticed that each color actually has a different overall legth so by ziping them together it allows you to correct any legth difference that there may be between colors.