Light-O-Rama Forums

Still Debating on SuperStar...

DisneyMatt10

So, I am still debating about diving in and purchasing SuperStar... and I still have a few questions about it.... 

1.) I know this sounds dumb... But I could swear I read it some where that you have to pay for SuperStar every year...?? Is this true?? Or is it a one time fee??

2.) Can I still use my PE sequences?? Like, everything I have previously sequenced in the PE... Can I keep it, and run it parallel to the SuperStar effects??

Sorry if this has been discussed before... Just trying to figure out if we want to make the change or stick with the PE...

22 minutes ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

1.) I know this sounds dumb... But I could swear I read it some where that you have to pay for SuperStar every year...?? Is this true?? Or is it a one time fee??

It's a one time fee. The fee structure is listed on this page. http://store.lightorama.com/suse.html (pay attention to channel count)

22 minutes ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

2.) Can I still use my PE sequences?? Like, everything I have previously sequenced in the PE... Can I keep it, and run it parallel to the SuperStar effects??

If you choose to go stay with S4 meaning PE, then yes it will work, however the effects will either be PE or SS, the  two can be combined by way of migration. If you are planning to use S5 at some point, then Yes also, but a different and much easier approach. 

The idea behind SS is that you can sequence props in another program that gives you (I believe) much more pixel control than PE (S4) or SE (S5).

SS integrates with S4 and S5 in two different ways. After using S5 since it came out, it is a much easier way to go.

Alan...

Edited by default