Light-O-Rama Forums

Song not playing

Ellis

All my songs I've programmed work perfectly all except one, a 17 second voice recording. we programmed a face to the voice and it only plays about a 8th of a second in the sequence. The lights just flash you hear a pop from the voice in the speaker and then it just skips to the next song. we've made sure it wast the file, so could it be the sequence editor? HELP please!!!!!!!!

Can we assume the sequence worked properly when you programmed it in the sequence editor?

I'm making the assumption this is happening when you play the sequence in a show.  I suggest looking at the log from the control panel.  It should tell you what went wrong.  The symptoms you describe is the exact behavior I observed in my display when the audio file was not in the location specified in the sequence.

From a singing face point of view I can tell you that this happens more than discussed with digitally recorded/ remastered sound tracks.

When sequencing to these tracks sometimes you you may have to sequence differently than normal. ( I am talking only about singing face sequencing)

There is no rhyme or reason I just put it on “stuff happens” list and move on, over come and adapt.

While sequencing this did you notice any erratic behavior with the scroll bar?

JR

Edited by dibblejr
*know - switched to notice

11 hours ago, Ellis said:

All my songs I've programmed work perfectly all except one, a 17 second voice recording.

Did you make this recording? Is it saved as mp3? or ? Since only this song is the problem, I'm guessing it is not saved with the settings LOR likes. Is the audio file saved with constant bit rate of 128Kb/s

Alan...

I was looking around LOR site for what they desire for audio files, here's what I found in the FAQ Page and how to change it if need be.

Alan...

The Music is jumping around or seems out of sync with the lights. Now What?

Make sure your audio file is an .MP3 digitized at 128Kbps and at a constant bit rate (CPR).  Some music files are digitized at a higher bit rate that doesn’t sit well with us.  You can check the audio file by locating it on your computer, right clicking, click Properties and then Details.  In the Audio section it will tell you the bit rate.  I’m betting it says 192kKbps.  There’s a program called Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) that’s free and is quite good at converting audio to the standard output we prefer at Light-O-Rama.  The program is a bit geeky and you need to read the screens carefully, but it gets the job done.