Light-O-Rama Forums

Lap top died

BCBjorklund

Hi All,

My laptop died and I am in the process of reinstalling software and files.

Any help with the right steps would be appreciated. I am installing on Windows 10. I have all the files, app, sequences, music on a thumb drive.

Thanks,

Bruce

Once you install LOR, everything should just transfer fine. Just remember to keep backup files just in case. 

If this is a dedicated laptop that you are using mainly for your light show I have found that if you turn off or remove any background apps that it frees up more resources. I use a dedicated laptop for my light show with only 2 pieces of software, Windows 7 and the LOR software suite 4.3.24. This unit is not connected to the internet so there is no anti virus, IE and only the very basic background elements running. Before adding anything to this unit ( shared sequences) I run it though Norton on my desktop.

15 hours ago, BCBjorklund said:

Hi All,

My laptop died and I am in the process of reinstalling software and files.

Any help with the right steps would be appreciated. I am installing on Windows 10. I have all the files, app, sequences, music on a thumb drive.

Thanks,

Bruce

Yikes!!! This is the worst!! Such a stressful experience. Last year my laptop died the day after Black Friday as I was trying to get last minute changes made to the show. Thankfully most of my stuff had been backed up to the show computer. So it was safe.

As for help with the right steps? Take it one step at a time. Once you get everything back up and running you should be able to transfer the files from the thumb drive back to your computer and everything should go back to working the way it was. *fingers crossed*

Hope all turns you well for you!! Just be glad you didn't end up having to buy a new laptop! :wacko:

Bought new laptop, license upgrade. Bought the CD option thinking I would get the download and the CD. Only getting the CD for some reason which delays me another 5 days.