Light-O-Rama Forums

Dripping Icicle Lights

DocBrown86

They seem to be called different things by different companies, but I would like to add them to the roof line of my show this year. Has anyone used any that they have been happy with? Mainly I don't want to spend $400 and have them crap out after one season...

I'm seeing the "Meteor Shower" stick type, and the ones that look more like thick icicles. Does one type look cooler than others on a very animated display? Looking at using the blue color light. Anyone that has had good luck with a certain brand? Might have to PM me that, not sure what the restrictions are...

Need some advice!! Thanks!

Mine broke first season. They sent new ones and they broke before Christmas. They used speaker wire to connect them. Bad connection and water got inside from what I can see. They are all made in China. 

1 hour ago, Richard365 said:

Mine broke first season. They sent new ones and they broke before Christmas. They used speaker wire to connect them. Bad connection and water got inside from what I can see. They are all made in China. 

Which type did you get? The one's that look like long tubes or the actual icicle looking ones?

I use these in my display:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/LightShow-61-Count-Shooting-Star-Multicolor-Icicle-LED-Plug-In-Christmas-Icicle-Lights/999915179

They work well, seem pretty durable and the textured plastic icicle cover gives it a real sparkle effect that looks quite nice. 

Avoid the cheap listings for "meteor shower" lights on Amazon and Ebay. Many of them are known to be very dangerous due to extremely cheap and downright unsafe construction methods. If you're curious here's a great video on those cheap lights:

Cheap Meteor Shower  see what I bought. When they worked. It looked great. Neighbors all loved them. But didn't take long before they had problems.  I liked the ones that where different colors. Won't buy them again. 

Edited by Richard365

Awesome! Thanks for the advice, saved me from going in the wrong direction. I'll be going with the Lowes/Menards brand.

Very excited to see them in action!!