Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Software DIO Card option to set 'on' to high or low outputs?

Guest guest

I am in the process of programming my dio card (Measurement Computing CIO-DO192H) with the LightORama software and have a question about the software's capabilities. I am going to use the simpleio triac board with LOR. Does the LOR software have the option to set 'on' to high or low outputs..ie, can I flip the outputs with the software? I am not exactly sure which way the CIO board goes....??? I am going to design my boards for sinking.

Thanks in Advance for your Help!!!!

Howdy,

I'm not sure about LOR flipping the output, but if it helps, the output on the CIO-DO192H is at/near 0V with low state and at/near 5v with a high state.

You can download the User's Manual for the board from Measurement Computing. The info your looking for is on page 5.

Hope this helps.

-- Bob

Hi, I answered the email that you sent with the same question: The answer was:

Just now we do not have that option. It would make sense to add that as an option and we will look into doing so.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a CIO-DO192H card and its working flawlessly both under InstaCal and LOR. I will toss out this observation and we can see if it means anything.

When I drive an LED (+resistor) directly from the 50pin cable (SCSI CABLE)

If I drive from pin 49 (grnd) to say port A0 when I turn on the port in LOR, the LED goes out.

If I drive from pin 50 (+5V) to the same port A0, when I turn on the port in LOR the LED comes on (Which seems natural with the software)

Since this is STTL output, can it be driven either way? I have not hooked up an SSR to it yet, but the LED observation was interesting.

-- Bob

Thanks Dan:]

I hooked up three of my SSR's last night and created, as my wife called it, a lightning storm in the office using all the table lamps. She really hates it when I use household furniture for display testing :laughing::laughing:

Anyway, LOR picked everything up first rattle out of the box which now offers to me 32 channels of LOR and 192 channels of DIO.. Still want more LOR though ..

Thank you again.

-- Bob

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

I set up my DIO 96 (ISA card) and have put together some simpleIO 4 boards.

I ran the +5v (pin 49 on the cable) to the card, and the DIO points (ie pins 1-4) to the io inputs. (sinking)

In instacal, when I run "test" the lights lights flash, just as they appear to on the test screen. When I run LOR, off is on and on is off, and LOR leaves the state "on" after the sequence finishes.

What am I doing wrong?

Guest guest

Hello,

I too used the SimpleIO cards with LOR and a CIO-DO192H dio card. I had to program the SimpleIO cards to source. I used the 8 channel boards and am unsure if the source option is available on the 4 channel boards.... I think that version 2.0 of LOR will allow you to swap the on/off feature, however, I am unsure. I just went ahead and configured mine to work with the current version of software.

Hope this helps,

James