Light-O-Rama Forums

Telescoping Flagpole Mega Tree?

H3RRS

9 hours ago, H3RRS said:

Hi All,

Do any of you use a telescoping flagpole for your mega trees? How do they work?

Kind Regards,

-H3RRS

Just say no, did it once and never again.  They are not designed for the weight that the lights, topper, et al will put on the pole.  The springs that lock the telescope in place are the first to go.  You wouldn't think it would make much of a difference but it does.

We still use 3 telescoping poles for the lighter one color trees on my street, but have had to drill and put in bolts in the sections cause the twist lock mechanism is too weak for a flag let alone 24 or more strands of lights.

Keith

I used one for years for my mega tree.

I used automotive hose clamps at the bottom of each section to keep from slipping. Worked perfectly every year.

I only used 32 strands and a star but still worked perfectly. Easy to raise, easy to lower.

As Chet brought up about weight, they can handle so much. But then again standard pipe has their limitations as well.

26 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

I used one for years for my mega tree.

I used automotive hose clamps at the bottom of each section to keep from slipping. Worked perfectly every year.

I only used 32 strands and a star but still worked perfectly. Easy to raise, easy to lower.

As Chet brought up about weight, they can handle so much. But then again standard pipe has their limitations as well.

with the winds here I have to use galvanized pipe and sand tubes on the legs.  winds can be brutal and we live in a downtown area, I hate to think what some of the ranches outside of town endure.