Light-O-Rama Forums

S2 Release Date?

dqhall

Has anyone heard when the actual licensed version is to be released? Dan mentioned that the licensed version would have been distributed well before June. I would assume the current version has the time lock which is set to expire soon.

The time lock on 2.0.14 expires July 1, 2008.

The last time I checked (a couple days ago), there was some doubt we would have the licensing code ready by the end of June. There are no issues with the software related to this delay. This delay is completely an issue with getting support for licensing into the software.

In effect, the delay is my doing because I recently changed the requirements which wasted a little of the work already accomplished and added more work. We are attempting to make this as unobtrusive as possible to the software users while at the same time protecting the tremendous investment we have made in the software.

Personally I am a bit tired of this run around so we are going to release version 2.0.16 next week. Version 2.0.16 will not expire until Feb 1, 2009... It will also include support for the HolidaySoft tool and a few minor bug fixes.

I hope this will eliminate any concerns about using S2 today and now people can concentrate on sequencing and not worry about when the sequencer expires. Anyone with LOR I software should feel comfortable getting the FREE S2 Upgrade. The new expire date does not change our plans for the release of the licensing version, which may be ready late this month.

2.0.16 will run all year and you can get your FREE license key anytime before Feb 1, 2009.