Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel matrix not running in show

Scooch

Alright, I have a pixel matrix that I am using for my second year.  Worked fine last year as part of musical sequences.  I am attempting to sequence out a short animation sequence for Breast Cancer awareness and am having a  problem with the sequence playing through the show scheduler.  The pixel editor controls the matrix without any problem and I have saved the sequence, as well as the intensity files.  I build the show adding ONLY the animation sequence to the show.  I have put the show into the scheduler.  When I attempt to play an on demand show  I get nothing.  The control panel shows that it is playing a sequence with the extension of .las.lcs.  Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure the control panel is running then double check your network config and ensure your universes are assigned properly. When you had the matrix in the musical show last year there were other props so universes may have been assigned differently compared to a show where the matrix is the only prop.

Pixel Editor and Sequence Editor are actually two programs. When you create a sequence in PE and then export it to SE it assigns it different properties.

Example: Last year you had musical sequences where the Pixcon16 for the matrix was set at 192.168.1.50 and the 16 ports were assigned universes 20-35 and that is how it is mapped in the network config. This year you are creating an automation file for just the matrix, however, it still needs to be assigned 192.168.1.50 and the universes 20-35 as that is how that Pixcon16 is mapped in SE unless you change the network config. Most woud be tempted to just assign universes 1-16 since it is the only prop in the sequence but SE is sending the info to universes 20-35 which is how that Pixcon16 is mapped.

Am I making sense?

You are. Here is another question because, based in what you just said, I may be missing a step. Do I need to export the sequence from PE back to SE to get a usable sequence?  I am attempting to run the sequence as it is saved from the PE. 

I found a work around. I took a musical sequence from last year and just changed the length and sequencing for the matrix. Worked fine. Since I don't have the transmitter or other boxes out there is no problem. Thanks for your help. 

You could also start a new sequence and import last years channel config and only sequence the matrix, leave the other props blank.

• The topic was locked