Light-O-Rama Forums

Trigger sequences remotely?

brichi

Hey guy, is there a way or is anyone triggering their shows remotely from outside? I will be having my laptop running my scheduled show for christmas but in the past if a friend stops by and we are outside and i wanted to show him a certain song i programmed, is there any apps or anything out there to control the shows from our phones? I know i could just install like teamviewer or other remote connecting apps to control my pc but trying to navigate the pc from my phone to pull up a show like that would be tough, would be cool if there was an app i can open and choose "Play Mariah" and then it plays and i can go back to the scheduled program after

thanks for any input!

unfortunately the miip installer "cannot start" , not sure why. I have Win10 pro and the latest .net framework. i will email the creator of the program unless anyone else may know why

Have to use Internet Explorer for the installer. You also need to email Bob to create an account.

Edited by PhilMassey

got past that, been following the instructions but im stuck at "adding song file" in MIIP, it says my sequence is not a valid XML file

Don't add the song file add the sequence file, (.LMS), providing you fill out the paths on the Member set up page, MIIP will find the appropriate song. 

On the Member Web View tab at the bottom press the Upload...... button and choose your sequence.

You have to do this for each and every sequence, but only once.

yes the paths are correct, i use google drive as my path so Google Drive\Christmas project\Light-O-Rama\Sequences

then i go to member web view, click song and select the LMS and i get that error ""sequence is not a valid XML file""

it may be an S5 incompatibility thing, i chose one song (LMS) i know i made in S4 and i didnt get the error.

Edited by brichi

Bob has said there may be some issues with S5 and is requesting input. I also do not know how well Google drive will work with Miip. That may be one for Bob to answer. I would just work with one or two files and get things working before loading everything up.

You could also experiment with a local drive for sequences and see if that helps. I normally store everything on a mapped network drive but I find too much latency for shows and make  a local copy of all my sequences for the show season.Providing you tell MIIP the path, it works fine.

i got one kind of going and scheduled, can't test at work if it actually is triggering anything though but how does this allow to just stop a song and play the a specific one from  my phone? 

You can't stop a song in progress, Guests select a song from the list to Play Next and it jumps the que. You can tell a song to play later or sooner, but not to stop and start.

You can also have a selection of songs in rotation and some songs not in rotation. The Non rotation songs do not play unless requested. Perfect for those less than traditional songs.

Great for testing too.

• The topic was locked