Light-O-Rama Forums

Question Before Purchase

Zondo33

I have read the FAQs, looked at the forum but not sure if my question has been answered..and yes, I can be a bit slow to the party. So you can't set up your lights and set it to music from a local FM station like my local rock station CD102? That is all I want to do....hook my lights and have them dance to music on a radio station.

Thanks! and Merry Christmas!

1 hour ago, Zondo33 said:

I have read the FAQs, looked at the forum but not sure if my question has been answered..and yes, I can be a bit slow to the party. So you can't set up your lights and set it to music from a local FM station like my local rock station CD102? That is all I want to do....hook my lights and have them dance to music on a radio station.

If it was ONLY that easy it would save quite a few people some time having to sequence songs.  It's definitely not plug and play.

You want a hacked Mr Christmas. With that you can plug your MP3 player into it and watch the lights dance. It works... ok

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

You want a hacked Mr Christmas. With that you can plug your MP3 player into it and watch the lights dance. It works... ok

Thats how i did this before getting my first boards

1 hour ago, jerry72 said:

Thats how i did this before getting my first boards

Me too! Once I discovered it. Had 4 of them at one time. Now my friend has them.

JR

5 hours ago, Zondo33 said:

You could always just get some lights and good speaker and cut the plug ends off and connect to speakers. WHile in the USMC we did this all the time while in the field for holidays.

Improvise, adapt and overcome.

You could also just record your favorite songs and learn how to sequence or look for shared sequences and purchase a starter set with mp3 director

3 hours ago, james morris said:

Do you want to get rid of it Im instred for my grandaughter

It's yours... I have to dig it out of the garage.

please explain the hacking to me. I gave my old MC to one of my sons. He doesn't like the pre-installed music, so he just stays static. Totally unacceptable. If I could help him hack it, maybe the next season he'd follow into the LOR life...

42 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

please explain the hacking to me. I gave my old MC to one of my sons. He doesn't like the pre-installed music, so he just stays static. Totally unacceptable. If I could help him hack it, maybe the next season he'd follow into the LOR life...

A video is worth 10,000 words

• Like 1

Now that's what I call a HACK job!  Never actually got to see a result on the lights or maybe I missed it.  Brutal video quality.

On 9/19/2017 at 7:12 PM, dibblejr said:

Me too! Once I discovered it. Had 4 of them at one time. Now my friend has them.

JR

and he is still a friend!! lol

I hated those things.

11 hours ago, caniac said:

and he is still a friend!! lol

I hated those things.

You gotta start somewhere. Though this year I am giving him 3 Gen 1's with a list of what else he will need. He will also be using the minion singing props I mad since I will be using my other 12 singers I just can't fit the minions in with my show this Halloween

JR

11 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

You gotta start somewhere. Though this year I am giving him 3 Gen 1's with a list of what else he will need. He will also be using the minion singing props I mad since I will be using my other 12 singers I just can't fit the minions in with my show this Halloween

JR

Jr., when you get it up and running you have to post a video of that choir.  :lol:

You know I will. I'm going for a theatrical display this year for Halloween and Christmas. I had the faces but never thought of it unt earlier this year. I cut down a tree and some very nice shrubbery in front of my house to better suit my needs.

• Haha 1