Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel configuration

mike and patti

I only need the setup at the left side of the page. I have 128 channels, I just don't know how to copy that setup to a new sequence. not the actual sequences just the 128 channels and the holiday lights visualizer.

Hi,

In the Sequence Editor under the Edit Menu there is a selection "Export Channel Configuration" Use that option to save your configuration. Then when you create a new sequence, click Edit -> Import Channel Configuration and you will have it.

The Export/Import also saves any drawing in the animaiton window that you have made.

Dan

One other tip.

If you are using a pre-existing sequence and want to add your configuration into it ... you should first create new channels above the top channel [ use right click - add new channels above ] ... and then add channels, where is the number of channels in your own channel configuration.

So say you went to lorsequences dot com and downloaded a 32 channel wizards of winter. And say you have <16> channels saved off for your own channel configuration.

Then you could open the wizards sequence, add 16 channels above the first channel (top most) ... and then imput your sequence in ... and then you would end up with your 16 channels on top (empty) ... with the remaining 32 channels (from the pre-existing sequence) in the 32 channels below the first 16.

Then you can use the channel in the original 32 to copy into your own, or use, edit as you see fit. You will still end up doing a lot on your own, but using a pre-existing could help jump start your own if your struggling or just wanting a shortcut.

Cheers,
Scott

Thanks Scott that helps me out also.

one question can I move things around in the light visualizer display without redoing the whole thing. Ex. move the mega tree over and down on the page.

you can't move stuff in the animation window ... you have to erase and redraw it.

that would be a great enhancement ... I have a lot of enhancement requests for the animation window ... but this would be nice ...

There is a spreadsheet you can get from Quartzhill Christmas which can be very useful in figuring out your display power requirements.

I would reccomend making sure you get a good handle of what you will have, how it will be connected (cords and power-wise) and then establish a good channel configuration that you can use for all your sequences.

If you get into moving stuff after the fact ... its a hassle.

Thank you, I do have a handle on power needs and placement of lights outside all drawn out on paper. I started the visualizer screen but I failed to draw to scale so this is why I was asking about moving things around on that screen.

And are you using LOR I or S2 (LOR II) ?

The animation window in S2 is a lot better ... but still could use a lot of "nice to haves".

There is a program called Holiday Lights Designer ... which in (the upcoming) version 4.0 will have Light-O-Rama integration ... and should be a cool alternative to using the animation window, perhaps.

I'm still not convinced that program will be stable ... but if it is, could be pretty interesting for LOR users.