Light-O-Rama Forums

Hallelujah Christmas - Cloverton

cbuehrer

Has anyone seen Cloverton's Christmas version of Hallelujah?  My family loves the message of the alternate wording.  Thought about working on it last year, but never found the time.  Wondered if anyone has taken a stab at it.

A Christmas Hallelujah by Cloverton
I've heard about this baby boy Who's come to earth to bring us joy And I just want to sing this song to you
It goes like this, the fourth, the fifth The minor fall, the major lift With every breath, I'm singing Hallelujah Hallelujah
A couple came to Bethlehem Expecting child, they searched the inn To find a place for You were coming soon
There was no room for them to stay So in a manger filled with hay God's only Son was born, oh Hallelujah Hallelujah
The shepherds left their flocks by night To see this baby wrapped in light A host of angels led them all to You
It was just as the angels said You'll find Him in a manger bed Emmanuel and Savior, Hallelujah Hallelujah
A star shown bright up in the east To Bethlehem, the wisemen three Came many miles and journeyed long for You
And to the place at which You were Their frankincense and gold and myrrh They gave to You and cried out Hallelujah Hallelujah
I know You came to rescue me This baby boy would grow to be A man and one day die for me and you
My sins would drive the nails in You That rugged cross was my cross, too Still every breath You drew was Hallelujah Hallelujah

• Like 1

This was hot a few years ago before Pentatonix released their version with the original words.   The original Cloverton video (without the word parody)  was taken down from youtube I presume over copyright.  The problem with this one is the music can not be purchased anywhere.    

Edited by ItsMeBobO
  • Like 1

I could send you my 2014 modified version of what James Morris originally shared with me. But I would need your email. 

BobO is correct though, if you plan on posting. YouTube stripped my audio. "Muted due to copyrighted content". I'm not sure at what number, I think it was 20,000 views. What's kinda cool, it's still going up sometimes. Currently 27,106 views without audio.  Whatever.

So I had contacted Cloverton's agent to ask permission to use it. He said that they were in a battle with Sony and couldn't even use it themselves. 

Edited by Mega Arch

My audio is still intact on Vimeo.  But I dropped the last four of the ten verses.   This piano piece has a very obvious  left hand and right hand which are captured in the front light array. 

2 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

My audio is still intact on Vimeo.  But I dropped the last four of the ten verses.   This piano piece has a very obvious  left hand and right hand which are captured in the front light array. 

Nice job. 

Maybe he could listen to your's while watching mine. ?

4 hours ago, Mega Arch said:

I could send you my 2014 modified version of what James Morris originally shared with me. But I would need your email. 

BobO is correct though, if you plan on posting. YouTube stripped my audio. "Muted due to copyrighted content". I'm not sure at what number, I think it was 20,000 views. What's kinda cool, it's still going up sometimes. Currently 27,106 views without audio.  Whatever.

So I had contacted Cloverton's agent to ask permission to use it. He said that they were in a battle with Sony and couldn't even use it themselves. 

It pays to read before looking at a video. LOL

I thought my computer was broke. haha

9 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

Now 27,107 views. 

Thanks Tom!

23 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

Tom, this is a good test. Turn up the volume and check this out:

22 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

Tom, this is a good test. Turn up the volume and check this out:

I'm not buying it Daniel. Ill have the volume down first. Oh I trust you and everything but... this isn't my first rodeo. :) 

Just now, Santas Helper said:

I'm not buying it Daniel. Ill have the volume down first. Oh I trust you and everything but... this isn't my first rodeo. :) 

Sometimes following your instinct pays off. LOL

Good one. :) 

7 hours ago, jerry72 said:

This was mine from 2015, has not been muted yet, but it may be because it has been altered with the linus opening.

Nice job Jerry.