Light-O-Rama Forums

Magical Holiday Moments' TGCLF Audition Video 2017

ORANGEDOG

In the Wake of Receiving some 'Not-so-Good' News from The Great Christmas Light Fight Casting Producers, Nancy and I have Decided to Share Our Audition Video with All You Christmas Lighting Enthusiasts. We worked Diligently on it as we gathered footage of what we thought the Producers would be looking for, though out the year leading to submitting it to the Casting Producers. Be Sure to at least watch the End Portion of the Video as it Reveals The Pure Splendor of what he had to offer the TV Network ! We hope you find it interesting. 1f642.png:)
And if you have an Audition Video or similar GCLF Stories, feel free to share or PM me if you're not comfortable to share here. We would LOVE to hear about it.

• Like 2

Very cool display! My wife is a Disney fanatic and we've had annual passes for about 10 years now. The Mickey's fun wheel is AWESOME! Do you have any build pictures or how to's? I would really like to build it for our house and surprise the wifey. She is ALWAYS asking me to put Disney in our show. 

Very nice display and audition video. Sorry to hear you didn't make the cut this year.  I really like what you did with the live tree!  Wife wants to do the GCLF and I don't... One of these years I might give in. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2017 at 10:41 PM, BMurray said:

Very cool display! My wife is a Disney fanatic and we've had annual passes for about 10 years now. The Mickey's fun wheel is AWESOME! Do you have any build pictures or how to's? I would really like to build it for our house and surprise the wifey. She is ALWAYS asking me to put Disney in our show. 

Thanks BMurray for the Nice Words !   We do have a few pictures of our MFW replica on our WebSite.  We are making plans to 'Plus It' for next year, adding more PIXELS to give it more of a Matrix element giving it more density.

FaceBook.com/MagicalHolidayMoments
MagicalHolidayMoments.weebly.com

Halloween LightShow : Oct 14 - Oct 31
Christmas LightShow : Nov 23 - Dec 31

On 9/2/2017 at 11:23 PM, uncledan said:

Very nice display and audition video. Sorry to hear you didn't make the cut this year.  I really like what you did with the live tree!  Wife wants to do the GCLF and I don't... One of these years I might give in. 

Thank You Very Much uncledan !   Yeah our live living tree was a Big Hit last year !  It actually turned out Better than we thought it would be !  We had gotten some Pixels from a friend of ours that kinda gave up on trying to figure out how to setup a Pixel Mega Tree.

On 9/2/2017 at 8:38 PM, ORANGEDOG said:

In the Wake of Receiving some 'Not-so-Good' News from The Great Christmas Light Fight Casting Producers, Nancy and I have Decided to Share Our Audition Video with All You Christmas Lighting Enthusiasts. We worked Diligently on it as we gathered footage of what we thought the Producers would be looking for, though out the year leading to submitting it to the Casting Producers. Be Sure to at least watch the End Portion of the Video as it Reveals The Pure Splendor of what he had to offer the TV Network ! We hope you find it interesting. 1f642.png:)
And if you have an Audition Video or similar GCLF Stories, feel free to share or PM me if you're not comfortable to share here. We would LOVE to hear about it.

Ben, great video. It's their loss. Thanks for sharing it with us. Loved your precision- all lines clean and straight, every prop flowing into and complementing the next one. You and Nancy should be really proud. I especially love homemade props. Your mini tree popcorn toppers are the bomb!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mega Arch said:

Ben, great video. It's their loss. Thanks for sharing it with us. Loved your precision- all lines clean and straight, every prop flowing into and complementing the next one. You and Nancy should be really proud. I especially love homemade props. Your mini tree popcorn toppers are the bomb!

W O W  Thank You Very Much Mega Arch for the Heart Felt Meaningful Words !!    We just Loved your Observation of the way our Display is Laid Out !   Our Light Show is Designed Unlike Most with the purpose of having the ability to tell a Story from our Music with our Lights.  We've always setup our display with mostly homemade props and re-purposing items to incorporate into our Light Show.  Half the Fun in Designing our Lay Out is Trying to be Original and Creative.
We are Glad you have Enjoyed our Audition Video in the Attempt to make it onto 'The Show'.

Ben and Nancy Aromin

• Like 1

I have had the pleasure of meeting Ben and Nancy several times at our meetings. These two love Disney and Christmas lights with such a passion! Ben, love the new additions! Sorry I missed our last meeting (I forgot to get the time off work), Daniel said it best, "their loss"! Kudos to you and Nancy.

~Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very nice display and lots of creative "out of the ordinary props" I really like those and the challenge they present to build and sequence. Just because GCLF passed, it's their loss. Keep doing it because you love it, and it shows you are very good at it.

Alan...

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2017 at 2:53 AM, saxon said:

I have had the pleasure of meeting Ben and Nancy several times at our meetings. These two love Disney and Christmas lights with such a passion! Ben, love the new additions! Sorry I missed our last meeting (I forgot to get the time off work), Daniel said it best, "their loss"! Kudos to you and Nancy.

~Matt

WOW Thanks Matt for the Generous Words !  Sorry we missed you at our Meet and Greet.  We had the most peoples there than ever.  Tom BetGeorge  brought one of his 'Beam Lights' to show how Bright they are.

Perhaps we'll give it another try at it again next time for the Show.
Thanks for the Vote of Confidence !

7 hours ago, default said:

Very nice display and lots of creative "out of the ordinary props" I really like those and the challenge they present to build and sequence. Just because GCLF passed, it's their loss. Keep doing it because you love it, and it shows you are very good at it.

Alan...

Thanks Alan for your Words of Encouragement !  Nancy and I enjoy making our own props - Old Skool.  Being Creative with our Show Keeps us Young and Makes our Show Fresh.  Sequencing our own show lets us Express The Magic within The Lights.
Thanks for 'Picking Us Up' !   Nancy and I will continue to Create More Magical Holiday Moments to all who visit our Display !  :)

Loved your video and explanations of how you did things.  Too bad about the GCLF this time.  Like how you are using ordinary items (couch tall lamp for example) to build light displays.  Very creative. thanks for sharing your story & lights.

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2017 at 4:23 PM, tomsusie said:

Loved your video and explanations of how you did things.  Too bad about the GCLF this time.  Like how you are using ordinary items (couch tall lamp for example) to build light displays.  Very creative. thanks for sharing your story & lights.

Thank You Very Much tomsusie for your Gracious Words !   Creating and Building our own Props is probably our Most Favorite thing we do for our Hobby.  We will continue to Construct and Build onto our Display to make it even more Exciting and Memorable !  Then we'll try again for GCLF in hopes we will have something they are looking for.

• The topic was locked