Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Software Question

Protege94

If I bought the new CCP-2 controller with two strands of 100 bullet pixels, would it be possible to make a matrix that is 8 pixels tall and 25 pixels wide (3" spacing)? I know logistically I can build the matrix but how hard would it be to sequence it in either the LOR Sequence Editor or the SuperStar Sequencer?

Currently I have the S4 Advanced license. I would either buy SuperStar or upgrade my Advanced license to the Pro license.

That's a pretty small matrix, but yes, either SuperStar or Pixel Editor can sequence it.  Personally I use SuperStar for everything.

27 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

That's a pretty small matrix, but yes, either SuperStar or Pixel Editor can sequence it.  Personally I use SuperStar for everything.

Would the actual matrix sequencing be difficult in SuperStar? Since I would have the two strings of 100 broken into four horizontal lines of 25?

(I know this is small but this is my first dabble into pixels and I already have a fairly big AC display)

11 minutes ago, Protege94 said:

Would the actual matrix sequencing be difficult in SuperStar? Since I would have the two strings of 100 broken into four horizontal lines of 25?

Nope.  Not an issue at all.

You would build a visualization that has the eight strips of 25 each.  That can be built any way you darn well want.  Then import that into SuperStar to set the configuration.

Just a heads up, if you do go with SS then you would need at least the 4 CCR license as your CCRII are bigger then the original CCR. You need to be able to cover at least 600 channels.

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

Nope.  Not an issue at all.

You would build a visualization that has the eight strips of 25 each.  That can be built any way you darn well want.  Then import that into SuperStar to set the configuration.

I just didn't know if it would be an issue since the pixels would be on the matrix in an "S" type pattern. I think with 25 pixels wide and 8 pixels high I should be able to make decent effects for the first year and then next year move to a mega tree.

52 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Just a heads up, if you do go with SS then you would need at least the 4 CCR license as your CCRII are bigger then the original CCR. You need to be able to cover at least 600 channels.

Yea I have already thought of this but I would buy a much larger license to cover myself for next year and beyond.

• The topic was locked