Light-O-Rama Forums

S2 Questions

Dennis Cherry

I have noticed a couple of issues using S2 and was wondering how to fix them?

I use Tracks in my sequences and most of the issues are in this area.

I exported my "Channel Configuration" display for use in other sequences, but when Imported into a new sequence two problems appear.

1. Only Track 1 has timing marks. I have to Copy the Timing and paste it into every other track. I know you can do individual timing for each track, but there is not a option to insert your Track 1 timing into the other tracks, except the "Copy/Paste Timing" function for each track?

2. After starting a new sequence, importing the music, and the "Channel Configuration," if you move into the Track 1 sequence to sometime within the sequence, then move to another track not displayed with Track 1, you will find the other tracks will not be in sync with Track 1, it might still be a 00:00 time.

S2 has lots of great features and I am very happy with my decision to go with LOR. Keep up the good work.

"Import Channel Config" doesn't import timings at all (not even to the first track). This is so that you can use the same channel settings for different sequences that have totally different timing needs (for example, different songs with different beats).

Ok, I understand question #1, what about question #2?

I have one other comment I forget in the first post.

When opening a sequence again to do some more programming, the "Channel Buttons" do not retain the setting width to read them correctly. I have to expand them to read the names I assigned them. My Channel Button names are longer than will fit into the default button window. It is a pain having to enlarge every time I work on a sequence. Is there a way in S2 to keep the new setting of the Channel Buttons size?

Sorry to be a pain, but this is my first year and my learning curve is getting better, hopefully not to many more questions.

We will look into #2. As a workaround, I suspect that saving the file (after the import), closing it, then reopening it will resolve the issue, but I'm not sure.

The answer to #3 is: Maybe, but probably no, not really, at least not at this time.

There's something which can be done about it, but it's probably not what you want. Just in case, though, here it is:

You could zoom the channels so that they each take up more vertical space (use the toolbar's "Zoom Channels In" button, or hit "Alt-Down"), thus giving them more room for their labels, and then save your zoom preferences (Edit/Preferences/Zoom/Save Zoom Preferences). There are at least two reasons why I think this may not be a good match for what you want to do, though:

(1) The more you scale the channel size up vertically, the fewer channels will fit on your screen at once.

(2) This is a global setting for all of your sequences, not an individual setting for any one sequence.

Dennis,

I've noticed the same thing about tracks being out of sync from time to time. I start a new sequence without assigning any timings to the tracks and then add the timings as I go. I can't say for certain (from now on I'll keep an eye out for more details) but your post rang a bell and I remembered wondering at the time(s) when that's happened whether it was related to the track out of sync having no event timings, which makes it in effect one long timing. Or something along those lines... In any event, I've never paid it much attention for they always snap back into sync whenever I move the visible screen either forward or back.

George Simmons