Light-O-Rama Forums

It's official I am back in the game

Papa6058

I ordered 4 kits, so I am going to have 64 channels. I have never had 64, so I will be asking for editable sequences very soon. I just haven't figured out how I am going to break it down yet. Well, the post is just for my excitement, thanks for reading.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Papa6058 said:

I ordered 4 kits, so I am going to have 64 channels. I have never had 64, so I will be asking for editable sequences very soon. I just haven't figured out how I am going to break it down yet. Well, the post is just for my excitement, thanks for reading.

Great news Michael!

I have some sequences I can send your this weekend. 

I still have that extra FM transmitter if you didn't find your old one. Be happy to loan it again if need be. 

• Like 1

Thank you I will take a pic of the house and assign channels in the next few days. I just ordered yesterday and with TryForFree they could be 10 weeks and. I ordered the kits, so I also have to build them. I have not programmed in a few years. I am excited and suddenly aware how far behind I am. lol

Danial I think I am going to order a new one, if my old was is still on the fritz. If for some reason I can't I will contact you for sure.

I also got a new computer, does anyone know if I can just do a fresh DL from the site and put my code in, or if my software is to old, do I have to us my old system or buy a newer version? 

You can download the new version, but since you've been out of it for a while, you will likely have to do a renewal (or an upgrade which includes a renewal) to be able to use the newest version.  You can go to the software page to have a license status sent to you so you can find out how new you can go without a renewal.  If you're not too far out of the renewal period, you may find that for example you license covers up to version 4.1.  You could then download and install that version and not have to do the renewal.

And welcome back!

Thank you

I ordered 5 cases of lights yesterday morning, they will be here today! It is hard to get ready and go to work I want to play lol

Ok, got that

Max Version: 3.14

I am thinking I will have to upgrade. If I get a sequence from someone with a higher version it most likely would have glitches, would that be a safe bet

So, after looking and reading until my eyes are bleeding I will ask opinions. What level of licence do you have and do you wish you had a higher level? Where should I start? I have no pixels just LEDs and LOR 16 channel controllers

32 minutes ago, Papa6058 said:

So, after looking and reading until my eyes are bleeding I will ask opinions. What level of licence do you have and do you wish you had a higher level? Where should I start? I have no pixels just LEDs and LOR 16 channel controllers

I have always been paranoid that I would be in the middle of running my show and/or sequencing then get the message "your license does not cover this feature, yada yada yada".  For that reason and that reason only I have always gone with the advanced/pro license.  

I am at Standard now, wow what a jump. Doesn't look like there is a break in price to jump straight to Pro verses go to Advance then Pro if needed. So I guess I am leaning towards Advance unless anyone can point out a feature in pro that the think is needed or really cool

4 minutes ago, Papa6058 said:

I am at Standard now, wow what a jump. Doesn't look like there is a break in price to jump straight to Pro verses go to Advance then Pro if needed. So I guess I am leaning towards Advance unless anyone can point out a feature in pro that the think is needed or really cool

none that I can think of but last year my wife gave me a RGB controller for my birthday, had to upgrade to pro and then the SS addon.

lol no fear of anyone buying me any RGB stuff. I would LOVE to have a pixel tree, but we will see. I still haven't added arches yet 

49 minutes ago, Papa6058 said:

lol no fear of anyone buying me any RGB stuff. I would LOVE to have a pixel tree, but we will see. I still haven't added arches yet 

don't know that I was ready when my wife purchased that but wasn't gonna leave it sitting in the box.  No regrets, not as bad as I had feared.

1 hour ago, Papa6058 said:

Pro buys you the Pixel Editor and intensity files.  PE would not buy you much since you don't have a matrix type thing, and your channel count is small enough that intensity files are not needed.  Stay with advanced for now.  You can always add it later without any penalty for doing the two step.

Note that going from S3 to S4 is a big change.  You will have questions.  Don't be bashful about asking.  Big improvement too.

Michael, just saw this post. 

Welcome back in the action. S4 advanced is all you need for now. Don't over do it. Lol

Just sent you a few songs. 

Yeah - you are way behind. Order could be November AND you still will have to assemble. Wow!

With the LOR sale this late in the year - I didn't have the patience for TRYFORFREE. You're a brave man.

You need to spend every waking hour getting your sequencing done.

Then get the lights on the house - be 100% ready for when the controllers get there to finish up. 

Thank you, I am finding starting over, with the knowledge of where I want to be is a very big task. As soon as I can get all the kids friends cars away from the house I am going to take a picture and try to make a setup on the new software. I have a small-ish list of songs that I want to do. I am adding 8 4 color mini tree and have no Mega-Tree since my front yard has a tree.

Well, it's football time in Oklahoma, it will have to wait until after the game

• Like 1