Light-O-Rama Forums

Just Starting and want to get 2 trees going

zuvy

Hello, I am just starting out with this to go along with my window projector. I plan on starting with two simple trees, and I do not know for sure what I am going to need. I plan on getting the starter pack (residential) and some RGB lights. What do I really need for this? I will be building the base myself, and plan on running both trees through one controller. I just don't know what types of lights are best for this, and if I am getting the right equipment.

Thanks for any help.

"Simple" would be mini trees with tomato cages, however I believe you are wanting something larger. That would be a mega tree and can be as tall as you like with either incan, LED's or RGB's (RGB's being the most difficult and most $).

It just depends on what you want. You will use up that 1 controller very fast. So many options and you will probably get as many ideas and suggestions as there are members here.

Keep in mind ~ that residential pack is an AC controller. It will not control RGB strings. You would have to have a pixel controller of some sort.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Thanks for the info. Looking at pixel controllers now. The plan was to start small with the trees, and work my way up with add on controllers as I expand. I figured the trees will help me learn sequencing before I try a bigger display. I am now looking at getting Pro series 16 channel with Pixie 16 that way it gives me more options, and I can use RGB strings. 

I was looking at using 8 RGB strings per tree and folding them for a 16 string tree. Would ribbon or strings be the best option?

Thanks