Light-O-Rama Forums

Trying to identify someone

k6ccc

Someone I assume sent me several sequences some while back, and because of how I'm trying to organize other people's sequences in my file structure, I would like to be able to identify the source.  None of the sequences have any identifying information, but the person did include their visualization file.  I would assume that if the screen capture below is your house you should be able to recognize it.  Maybe someone else will as well.  Any helpful information would be appreciated.

Somebodys_Visualization.png

Because I shrunk the image, it's a little hard to read, but the filename of the Vis file is:  061716 real viz with mushrooms.lee

That's my house with the mushrooms. I keep forgetting to tag my sequences with my name. If I do remember to tag them the author will be "Chip" and I often manipulate the time of creation to be shown as 4:20 pm. But I quite often forget to open notepad and "fill in the blanks".

Glad you liked the mushrooms. Every single bulb is zip tied. We used over 10,000 zip ties.

Chip

On 8/23/2017 at 3:40 PM, k6ccc said:

Someone I assume sent me several sequences some while back, and because of how I'm trying to organize other people's sequences in my file structure, I would like to be able to identify the source.  None of the sequences have any identifying information, but the person did include their visualization file.  I would assume that if the screen capture below is your house you should be able to recognize it.  Maybe someone else will as well.  Any helpful information would be appreciated.

Somebodys_Visualization.png

Because I shrunk the image, it's a little hard to read, but the filename of the Vis file is:  061716 real viz with mushrooms.lee

Thanks Chip.

I'm finding that I have enough of other people's sequences (either ones they sent me so I could help them with something, or sequences for me to use) that I really have to get things better organized.  Since most of those are sequences that someone sent me so I could help them with a problem, it works well to make sub-folders for the person.  Particularly in the case of sequences sent for me to use, the next step is a database of the songs so I can figure out where a particular song is...

23 minutes ago, roverdish said:

Glad you liked the mushrooms. Every single bulb is zip tied. We used over 10,000 zip ties.

My goodness that is a boat load of zip ties and somewhat pricey I'm thinking with that many.  Got any live videos of your display (youtube/vimeo)?

If the zip ties are purchased by the 1000 the cost goes down considerably.

Go to youtube and search "huffs lights" and you will find several pre mushroom videos from 2015. I did not post any from 2016 but I will if anyone is interested.

3 hours ago, roverdish said:

If the zip ties are purchased by the 1000 the cost goes down considerably.

Go to youtube and search "huffs lights" and you will find several pre mushroom videos from 2015. I did not post any from 2016 but I will if anyone is interested.

If you bought them from monoprice it goes down even more.  Have bought 10,000 for what I would have paid for two packs of 100 at Lowe's.

On 8/25/2017 at 4:52 AM, caniac said:

If you bought them from monoprice it goes down even more.  Have bought 10,000 for what I would have paid for two packs of 100 at Lowe's.

Dang, 8" ties for .94 cents a bag when i buy 10 bags, i know where i am buying from now on.

• Like 1

MonoPrice is great for zip ties! I order around 6,000 each year. Every now and then I get some bad ones in each bag but still worth it. Depends on what you get and how much but the next day shipping is AWESOME if you live locally. And for me their will-call store is only about 20 minutes away which is great for last minute thing. 

4 hours ago, BMurray said:

MonoPrice is great for zip ties! I order around 6,000 each year. Every now and then I get some bad ones in each bag but still worth it. Depends on what you get and how much but the next day shipping is AWESOME if you live locally. And for me their will-call store is only about 20 minutes away which is great for last minute thing. 

they are also great for any kind of cable you need, I use a few "flat" 100 footers (RJ45).  those are pennies on the dollar.

• The topic was locked