Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Change color of pattern

PaulL

If you have a specific RGB pattern you are using, and want to repeat the pattern with a different color, does anyone have any tricks on how to change the color of a created pattern easily?

Thanks!

Depends on what you want to change.  Particularly if you are only using the three primary, and three secondary colors, you can generally do some selective copy and pastes or deletes on the individual colors.  For example, if you have a device that fades from black to red and you want it to fade from black to yellow, simply copy that portion of the red line and paste to the green line.  Now you have yellow.

The process will vary, to echo Jim, depending on which colors we're talking about.

But to use a simple example, lets say you want to take a red pattern and make it green.  Expand both the top RGB channel and the last (bottom) RGB channel in your copy range.  Place your cursor in the top red channel line and after selecting the range of time you want, select down to include only as far as, and including, the red channel line in the bottom RGB channel.  Copy the data.

Then, place your cursor in the GREEN line of the expanded top RGB channel and paste.  The original pattern is now green.  

If you want blue, it works the same, except you paste into the blue channel of the top RGB channel.

I knew I could do those, but I wasn't sure if there was any easier way to change the colors, and especially for more custom colors and not necessarily the standard ones (i.e., RGBY)