Light-O-Rama Forums

2016 WowLights Christmas Contest Winners Posted

Mega Arch

First off - congrats to all the winners and all of the entry contestants period. Lots of great videos were posted.

Me? Why am I posting this right now? 

Well, I never win anything.

However, winning the WowLights 2016 "Best 128+ Outputs" for my version of their sequence for "Carol of the Bells", well - it's making me feel like I just won the GCLF! :P

http://www.wowlights.com/Shared/SharedMedia.asp?SharedType=1

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

CONGRATS dude, what ya win?  :D

CTB16PC - Same one as I've been building. The first two I purchased even came from Wowlights. Before I knew I could build myself for 1/2 price. But hey, I'll take another assembled one!

27 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Congrats Dan. It will add 16 more to your show.

That's 2 singing faces.

JR

Next year for faces. 

• Like 1

Congrats Daniel!!!!!!!

That's awesome to see your great sequencing/display be noticed and recognized.

21 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

Congrats Daniel!!!!!!!

That's awesome to see your great sequencing/display be noticed and recognized.

Thanks Tom. 

But.... Full disclosure feels like it's required here...

This was not my sequencing. This award was for the best use of a Wowlights purchased sequence. Then I modified to fit my show setup. So I'm real good at copy/paste. Wow, don't feel as good about it now... ?

27 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

Thanks Tom. 

But.... Full disclosure feels like it's required here...

This was not my sequencing. This award was for the best use of a Wowlights purchased sequence. Then I modified to fit my show setup. So I'm real good at copy/paste. Wow, don't feel as good about it now... ?

Nothing wrong with copy and paste as I do it quite often myself from purchased sequences.  Don't get me wrong as I come up with my own original sequencing for my setup also but it does speed up the process when using other great sequencing ideas from other sources.  Oh and your video was great and enjoyed watching it.  Thanks for sharing!

Same here, I keep what I call a "Forever.las" file. When I find a  particular effect in a sequence or a complex element or animation I paste it into that .las file and keep for future use. Then when I want to use it I go and Copy and Paste. It's  just a plain .las file with 16 channels for the CTB16s, eight channels for the CMB24s and 16 output for smart pixels. It's about two hours long full of things I use and want to keep.

From one Wowlights winner to another- CONGRATS!!!!  That's awesome.  I won in 2013 with Wizards in Winter. I really like your fire sticks.  Makes me want to put a bunch more in my show. I was trying to count, are they 5 channels?

2 hours ago, Little_b said:

From one Wowlights winner to another- CONGRATS!!!!  That's awesome.  I won in 2013 with Wizards in Winter. I really like your fire sticks.  Makes me want to put a bunch more in my show. I was trying to count, are they 5 channels?

Congrats back at you. 

Yes & no. The (3) in the front row were 5-channel sticks. The (2) in the back were 8-channel sticks. Two controllers total. 

Congrats Daniel,

That's awesome to see your great talent of Copy/Paste to be noticed and recognized. :D:ph34r:

4 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Same here, I keep what I call a "Forever.las" file. When I find a  particular effect in a sequence or a complex element or animation I paste it into that .las file and keep for future use. Then when I want to use it I go and Copy and Paste. It's  just a plain .las file with 16 channels for the CTB16s, eight channels for the CMB24s and 16 output for smart pixels. It's about two hours long full of things I use and want to keep.

Great idea. I never mastered the clip board, so that seems like one I could do...

10 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

Congratulations  a win is a win you still made it ,   good job!

THANKS

• The topic was locked