Light-O-Rama Forums

Strange Error when exiting LOR S2

taybrynn

ANyone getting some kind of strange error when they exit LOR S2, or close all files ?

I'll post the exact error, but its something like "invalid object or item reference ..." ... and all of my sequences have it, but it doesn't seem to be anything more than an annoyance to me, since it only occurs when I'm exiting a sequence.

Without a logfile or more information somewhere ... I'm at a loss at how to debug this further.

Thanks,
Scott

It sounds like LOR is trying to update or use something that no longer exists or is no longer where LOR expects it. Have you recently changed your directory structure, installed other programs, or maybe tried to clean a virus out of your registry? If so, you could try running the LORRegistryWipe tool, or reinstalling LOR.

If you’re not in a hurry or are uncomfortable doing that, you might want to wait to see if anyone else has any idea. Of course, the rest of the error message might be useful. Especially if it identifies what the missing object is.

Ok, on a quick test ...

I can open a sequence, do nothing, then close it ... no problem.

So then I open the sequence, open the animation window, then choose 'close all' ...
then I got the error.

lors2error1.jpg

I believe this is the error I've been seeing ...

Hmmm... I get the same dialog box when I select 'close all' from the file menu... if I select 'close' it closes the sequence and no dialog box...

Doesnt seem to hurt anything... I'm using 2.0.14...

Guest wbottomley

taybrynn wrote:

Ok, on a quick test ...

I can open a sequence, do nothing, then close it ... no problem.

So then I open the sequence, open the animation window, then choose 'close all' ...
then I got the error.

lors2error1.jpg

I believe this is the error I've been seeing ...

Forward your error to Bob at support@lightorama.com

He may have a solution for this.

I've seen that same error message a couple of times but didn't recognize the pattern since I usually close only one thing at a time. I haven't noticed any problems, although one sequence of mine got corrupted somehow. I have no idea if it was related...

George

Hi,

This will be fixed in the next release of S2. In the meantime, it shouldn't cause any problems except for the annoyance factor.

Thanks for pointing it out, and sorry for the hassle.