Light-O-Rama Forums

saving sequenced songs to a flash drive

nettnut

Hi,

I saved the sequenced songs I have finished on my flash drive just for insurance but it will not play them. It says that it does not have the program needed to open them. How do I get the animation and audio saved with them on the flash drive also?

Thanks,

Dennis

Are you trying to launch LOR by clicking on the sequence stored on the flashdrive? Have you tried launching LOR first, then direct LOR to the file on the flash drive?

The sequence should reference the audio file so they should not need to travel together.

Thanks for your help. I did get things transferred to the flash drive and now would like to move transfer them again to a different desktop. It seems like I have to go thru several levels to get to the final sequence. I'm afraid that when I get ready to start the show for the 4th that the sequence will not be found. I will keep trying things.

Thanks again,

Dennis

That's a great idea Dale. I was going to save the sequences on a flash drive and use it for back up once I put it on the desktop. We did the sequencing on a laptop and I was trying to transfer them to the desktop.

Thanks,

Dennis

I just tried using my flash drive and saved the Sequence folder along with a couple of my sequences. I also saved the Audio folder to the flash drive and then tried to play a sequence from the flash drive using the sequence editor. It worked just fine. When I renamed the audio folder on the PC it would not work. It seems the sequence file is associating the audio file to the C drive and not looking at the flash drive for the audio. In short when backing up or moving sequences you need to save or move both the Sequence and Audio Folders.

grandlakedad wrote:

It seems the sequence file is associating the audio file to the C drive and not looking at the flash drive for the audio.

The path to the audio file is embedded in the sequence file, that is why it was looking at the C: drive and not the flash drive. All that needs to be done is to open the sequence file in the editor and then choose 'Edit -> Media File...' to change the location that it will look for the audio (or video) file.

tom.