Light-O-Rama Forums

Tesla Model 3 Easter Egg.

PhilMassey

DevMike.   I couldn't have said it any better !     The wife is not a Tesla fan.  Won't drive it.  Says it is too complicated for her.  She likes the Acura SUV.  Great for me.  I get the Tesla to myself. 🙂

Edited by Richard Hamilton

So DevMike you named your Tesla "Ginger", is that because the car is the color of an orange/white tabby {otherwise known as "Ginger" cats}?  Or the car is just "ginger" colored? Or you just pulled out a name that sounded good?   

BTW: I do have a cat that looks like the color of ginger, and her name is "Ginger" {Full name is Ginger Cinnamon Starfyre}. LOL  Yes, all my cats have long names, and yes, I've named a few cars in my time too, just not every type I've ever owned had a name{and I've owned a lot too!}.   But no fancy ones, well unless you call a 1964-1/2 Mustang or my wifes former "1987 Firebird" fancy. ;)

While I am modern man, I have a love for three things old:. 60s 'Jetson's-style' furniture/architecture (I think it's called "googie"), lounge jazz music (ring-a-ding stuff you need to listen to in a smoking jacket), and many golden age Hollywood actresses (I would marry any one of them).  

So I've had Betty, Ginger, Lola, Katharine, Judy, etc.

And this car is red, so Ginger works on 2 levels 😝

• 4 months later...

FYI:

As I said, Ginger and I will be at expo this year.  If you want to look at my 3 while I am there, let me know.  I'm happy to give you a tour.  If you are looking for it in the parking lot, it will be at the VERY BACK away from everyone else.  I like to try to keep her ding-free :).  Just be aware that 'Sentry Mode' will be active :P  

Brian will be driving his Model S over from Texas.  While I can't speak for Brian, I'm sure you could probably talk him into seeing his Tesla as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2019 at 11:30 AM, DevMike said:

FYI:

As I said, Ginger and I will be at expo this year.  If you want to look at my 3 while I am there, let me know.  I'm happy to give you a tour.  If you are looking for it in the parking lot, it will be at the VERY BACK away from everyone else.  I like to try to keep her ding-free :).  Just be aware that 'Sentry Mode' will be active :P  

Brian will be driving his Model S over from Texas.  While I can't speak for Brian, I'm sure you could probably talk him into seeing his Tesla as well.

Had a manager when I worked in retail used to park his Porsche all by itself too.  One day the police came in and they were looking for the owner of the Porsche, seems there was an accident in the parking lot and the entire passenger side of his car got caved in.  Police told him ifg he'd have parked it in among the other vehicles, probably never would have gotten damaged.

From that time on he always parked between other employees cars in the parking lot after he got it repaired.  Hard lesson learned.

And I see folks park out like that with new cars all the time thinking their new car will be safe from damage, but honestly parking it out away and in open areas is a disaster in the making.  I've seen more cars get damaged parked out in the back of parking lots where the owner "thought" it'd be safe, only to find out their car sustained more damage than if they had parked it between the other cars in the parking lot.

So good luck on never having this happen to your car.

Watched the video, but no sound, so not sure what your "Sentry mode" does?  From what I could gather, video the culprits that damage the car?  But I'm speculating, don't know why there wasn't any sound, would have figured something like an alarm would go off or something to indicate the person/s that damaged the car would know they've been pretty much busted.  Would have been nice to know what those guys were saying in the video.  Turned the volume up full on it, still got no sound from the video.  Is there any?

• The topic was locked