Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel tree star size?????

David Spangler

I'm going to add one of the LOR pixel tree kits to my display next year. The tree kit is about. 6' 6" and it will set on top of a platform about one foot off the ground. How big of a star should I use  for a topper? Is there a general rule for size. I have a 24" pixel star which I don't know if it would be too big. Any ideas? Thanks

I'm going to add one of the LOR pixel tree kits to my display next year. The tree kit is about. 6' 6" and it will set on top of a platform about one foot off the ground. How big of a star should I use  for a topper? Is there a general rule for size. I have a 24" pixel star which I don't know if it would be too big. Any ideas? Thanks

It's how ever big you want it, personally 24" seems small to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, David Spangler said:

I can only tell you what mine is.  I am using a modified version of Brian Bruderer's star.  It is 30 1/5 inch diameter, and the lit portion of my tree is just over 10 feet tall plus a foot and a half or so off the ground.  Since your tree is about 2/3 the size of mine, I would agree that a 24 inch star may look too large.  That would make the start almost a third the size of the tree.  Here is a photo of mine so you can compare a bit:

2014_Pixel_Tree.jpg