Light-O-Rama Forums

My 2016 Carol of the Bells and Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire Sequences

DerHusker

As this was my first year doing the LOR computerized display, I utilized some of the preprogramed sequences that came on the Showtime Central SD card. Of course I had to adapt them to my display as I don’t have many window that face the street. No arches or mega tree either. I found that they could still be adapted just fine and had good results with 3 of them. I also want to thank James Morris for sending me 2 more sequences (Jingle Bells Rock and TSO Christmas Eve / Sarajevo) that I adapted and they looked great. I did manage to program a few of my own sequences and thought I’d share them here. The first was Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire by Nat King Cole. (One of my all-time favorite Christmas songs)

The second was Carol of the Bells by Monique Danielle. I saw this sequence on YouTube (from Holdman Christmas) and it’s what got me hooked into planning and finally doing a computerized display.

Again, I'm still learning what works and what I can do better but I liked the results of these first two tries and hope to improve them for next year.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by DerHusker
  • Like 2

Welcome to the obsession!  Good job for your first time out.  I felt nervous my first year with my sequences (I only had four sequenced songs), and during this year of programming learned a LOT and definitely had a better show this year (including a small spiral tree).  I imagine it'll be even better next year.

Again - welcome!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Liked the "Carol of the Bells".  And welcome to one of the funnest hobbies you can have. You get to play to christmas lights and christmas music and make people happy!  :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Would you be willing to share Chestnuts?  I want to add it to my display and cant get the timing right?

Victoriaphilipp@gmail.com

• The topic was locked