Light-O-Rama Forums

My newest addition to my show

kzaas

k....that's pretty awsome!!

Any chance of a close up of how that is built?

Also, are they HC pixel trees along the side?

Edited by Dcroc

Hah... usually not a song I would like, but you did a great job with it! I actually found myself smiling while watching! ;)

Nice display too!

On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 4:39 AM, Dcroc said:

Any chance of a close up of how that is built?

Also, are they HC pixel trees along the side?

Not sure what you are asking about a close up???

And no I made those pixel trees myself, they are taller than HC trees.

On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 2:04 PM, dibblejr said:

Love the huge light bulb!!!! Is that made out of wire (well I assume it is)

No, that is a 32 strings of 50 pixels Mega tree.

2 hours ago, JPat said:

What size are your arch's?  I really like the effect of them when all chasing.

They are around two foot. Each are five segments of fifty lights and I use twenty channels to control all of the mini arches.

Thank you all for the kind comments.

The giant light bulb on the pixel tree was very clever.  I might have to use that idea for something next year if you don't mind.

As for the mini trees along the street, I was asking the same question as Dcroc and then read his question.  Since you state that you built those yourselves, are they built similar to the Holiday Coro Hexatrees (give details of differences), how big are they and most importantly, how are they lit?  I have thought that the HC hexatrees looked cool in videos, but was underwhelmed when I saw some for real last year.

Last question, how any rows of lights were there on the roof, and how many channels to control them?

Nice sequencing job too!

7 hours ago, kzaas said:

Not sure what you are asking about a close up???

And no I made those pixel trees myself, they are taller than HC trees.

No, that is a 32 strings of 50 pixels Mega tree.

They are around two foot. Each are five segments of fifty lights and I use twenty channels to control all of the mini arches.

Thank you all for the kind comments.

Now that you pointed it out I can see it. That's what I get for using a small laptop, loss of details! Great job.

JR

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 1/2/2017 at 12:19 PM, k6ccc said:

The giant light bulb on the pixel tree was very clever.  I might have to use that idea for something next year if you don't mind.

As for the mini trees along the street, I was asking the same question as Dcroc and then read his question.  Since you state that you built those yourselves, are they built similar to the Holiday Coro Hexatrees (give details of differences), how big are they and most importantly, how are they lit?  I have thought that the HC hexatrees looked cool in videos, but was underwhelmed when I saw some for real last year.

Last question, how any rows of lights were there on the roof, and how many channels to control them?

Nice sequencing job too!

Jim, I have to apologize, I have not been spending a lot of time going through old posts, I was looking for something else and just ran across this one and realized I never answered your questions. It doesn't bother me if anybody uses any of my ideas(unless they are right next door...LOL) As far as the mini trees they are 48 inches tall and the base is 14 inches if I remember correctly. They are lit with nine-three LED pixel modules each and I set them up so that all nine act as one pixel since they are lighting one tree. As far as the roof lights, there are actually 32 rows but only uses 4 channels of LOR to control them.

Thank you for the kind compliments.

Giga32129 as far as your question, threes on the left are the trees Jim was asking about and they are made out of coroplast. You can make your own or purchase them from Holidaycoro.com

Ken

• The topic was locked