Light-O-Rama Forums

Error message no program associated with this type of file

Bitnskratchin

Hello all first time using the forum. Been at this 4 years now and running 192 channels. I have copies of the channel config. both in my docs and in lor folder and for some reason its  "no program associated with this type of file" and cant open. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.....JB

What program are you trying to use to open it? I'm assuming you are talking about a channel configuration export from Sequence Editor. If that's the case, open Sequence Editor and import the channel configuration.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Yes ...its a back up copy of the channel config. theres even a copy in the sequences folder, they always just opened. This is the computer I'm running my show with shouldn't it already be associated with Light O Rama? its a .lcc.bak file

Edited by Bitnskratchin

Something just noticed... this copy on the flash drive has the blue bulb, when I copy and paste to Light o Rama folder or documents the bulb is not there.....

21 minutes ago, Bitnskratchin said:

Yes ...its a back up copy of the channel config. theres even a copy in the sequences folder, they always just opened. This is the computer I'm running my show with shouldn't it already be associated with Light O Rama? its a .lcc.bak file

First of all, if it's the lcc.bak file, you will need to remove the .bak from the filename.

Ok, yes I see my previous 160, 144 and 112 configs are lcc ....I removed the .bak however the others are .lcc but still are not associated and wont open. I noticed that on the flash drive there is a blue bulb icon that does not show up when opened on this pc. Two other pcs no problem....I checked in c program files the lor data files are being stored in the correct (same)place.

Again, what are you trying to open it with?  You should be opening Sequence Editor, and importing the configuration.  What would you expect it to do by double clicking on the .lcc file?  Even if it understood that it needed to open the file with Sequence Editor, what would SE do - create a new animation sequence, or a musical sequence, or something else?

Ok, yes I see my previous 160, 144 and 112 configs are lcc ....I removed the .bak however the others are .lcc but still are not associated and wont open. I noticed that on the flash drive there is a blue bulb icon that does not show up when opened on this pc. Two other pcs no problem....I checked in c program files the lor data files are being stored in the correct (same)place.

I turn on my pc... click documents...document screen comes up... populated with documents, of which one doc is the saved (back-up) copy of my 192 channel configuration in case some day I might need it. if I click on it...It should bring up the 192 config. instead I get a window that says " This file is not associated with any program you are trying to open .lcc" ....My other pc's open it right up as if I opened SE. The way I see it this copied file can't be opened as is and there fore would be no help if ever needed. Something has changed on this windows 8 pc as far as assoc. these channel config's with LOR. Next week I think I'll try uninstalling and re-installing LOR because for me (I've done this before) all 40 media files have to be gone thru and saved again....I know this is a weird one...Thanks................

Thanks all for the help.  noticed on another pc that in properties these saved copies open with LOR SE as I thought it should, then checked the same saved .lcc saved copy properties on the pc not opening the file...right click on the file, /open with/more options/and was able to select LOR SE. THAT DID THE TRICK.

Not sure how that got changed or deleted bit's fixed. Happy new year to all and THANKS again...JB