Light-O-Rama Forums

Type of lights

Bigtom

Hi guys,

I am new to the LOR world and am looking to take on a 16 channel spiral tree for my first foray into the LOR world.

I am looking at purchasing the basic start package but my question relates to the specs of the lights I should be buying.

I have an extensive collection of lights already but all of them Have their own function controller most with memory hold functionality - would the LOR controller be able to control these lights if there is an additional function controller downstream setting a particular flashing/ steady mode?

If not, is it even worth connecting these lights to the controller or should I be purchasing lights that have not function controller (steady on) and plug them into the LOR controller?

cheers,

Tom.

The short answer is that you are better off with lights that do not have a built in function controller.  Depending on how the built in function controller works, you may be able to cut off the controller and connect the strings to a standard LOR controller.  If you can determine how the actual lights work,you may be able to determine how to connect them to a LOR controller. Note, that depending how they are built, you may not be able to use they at all.