Light-O-Rama Forums

The Holy Grail of rules

Mr. P

So many people in here breaking the Holy Grail of rules when it comes to this hobby.

When you have everything set up and working flawlessly DON"T TOUCH IT. Don't update your computer, don't update SE, don't add new sequences, don't mess with the settings, just DON"T TOUCH IT.

Let the show run until after the season then go and change and upgrade anything you want. This is why we plan all year for this one month. Adding sequences two or three days before Christmas or messing with your setup is just inviting Murphy to come knocking.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

So many people in here breaking the Holy Grail of rules when it comes to this hobby.

When you have everything set up and working flawlessly DON"T TOUCH IT. Don't update your computer, don't update SE, don't add new sequences, don't mess with the settings, just DON"T TOUCH IT.

Let the show run until after the season then go and change and upgrade anything you want. This is why we plan all year for this one month. Adding sequences two or three days before Christmas or messing with your setup is just inviting Murphy to come knocking.

Where's your adventurous side? Live on the edge a little.

Just kidding. Very wise words. 

I don't add lights, props or sequences after lights on. I plan well ahead to make sure I'm ready to go for the first night. We have a family party that night and that might be the only time some see it for the Season so I want everything going that night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• The topic was locked