Light-O-Rama Forums

Consistent Missing Media Files

mjdamico23

Not sure if it's Windows 8 or what.....but almost daily I keep having to put back the media file into the sequence because it's not playing.  Not a specific song nor day.....just random.  Sometimes I have to create a new show in show editor in order for it to accept these changes (after I have disabled and re-enabled show...if that didn't work).   One day all the sequences were gone from 2016 (  That's why you save to disk! Phew ) .......Is anyone having these or similar issues this year or is it just me. And a funny side note........One day my computer got caught in the windows 8 loop (reverting changes cause it didnt update correctly junk) and was trying to use my notebook from like 5 years ago lmao....and literally wasn't recognizing the schedule or songs but lights went on through sequence editor and I manually was doing a light show for a few hours.(now I find ir amusing at least)

Edited by mjdamico23

The full pathname is saved in the sequence file, so it is expected to be in the same folder every time.  I.E. if you move your music files to another folder, it won't be found.   Are the files staying put?  

Given that it is not recognizing the schedule or songs, it sounds like you may have disk issues.   Might want to get it checked out.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jtomason said:

The full pathname is saved in the sequence file, so it is expected to be in the same folder every time.  I.E. if you move your music files to another folder, it won't be found.   Are the files staying put?  

Given that it is not recognizing the schedule or songs, it sounds like you may have disk issues.   Might want to get it checked out.

So I tried your train of thought even though I haven't moved files.  I reopened every song in the editor, re-entered the media, and did a 'Save As' under a different name and location, created a new show list.  I added a show earlier to test and it all seems ok for now.  Let's hope it works like that tonight.  Thank You! Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jtomason said:

SE has more than one way to store the media file name.   When you live dangerously by using folders LOR doesn't know about, SE does store the full path to the media file.   Your LOR setup has a 'AudioPath' and that is the place you should be placing your media.  Yes I know you have a music library already.  Copy the media to LORs AudioPath anyway and then use audacity to clean it up to fixed bit rate or wav.   Then you will see in your .LMS that SE does not store the entire path to the media.   You may have a show computer with a completely different path but SE will find the music you put there using this method. 

LorAudio.jpg

LorRegistry.jpg

Edited by ItsMeBobO
grammer
  • Like 1

Thank You Bob O.  I will check into that. Is that the same for saving the regular LMS file? I figured creating folders would make things simpler to find.

• The topic was locked