Light-O-Rama Forums

Plano Weatherproof Box

Guest guest

Has anyone looked at these Plano Weatherproof boxes to see if they would work for LOR controllers. They have a rubber seal around them along with a complete lip all around to stop water from penetrating. Our local Fred Meyer carries a orange colored version of these but there only $10. So far this is the cheapest route that I have found but am wondering if anyone has tried using these yet.

Any thoughts?

Oops I forgot the link.

Plano_Box.

Yeah, I looked at Grainger's web site and a Nema 3 indooor outdoor box with a hinged cover was $72.00 alone.

I tried to figure out if I could just buy the 16 channel board and heat sink from LOR. Then put together my own enclosure and cables and ends, but I would have more $'s in trying that then buying the whole complete outside unit from them.

I know people have put their boards in old plastic/Rubber maid containers or such, but I just don't want to trust a $200.00 board to that setup. That's just me...

Hi, Another Newbie here.. I got Metal NEMA 3 enclosures at Home Depot.

$25.98 for Weigmann RSC101004 10x10x4

They look like the same ones LOR uses for the showtime products.
I preferred the Metal enclosure as I thought it would stand up better
over the long run.

Waiting for April... T-Minus 32 Days !

Tim

itsmejrv wrote:

Dribbles, I assume your talking about this one. Not bad priced. I may have to look into that one a little more. Can anyone tell me in the 3" depth is enough?

You can put LOR boards in a box with 3" depth.