Light-O-Rama Forums

Please... Be careful out there

Santas Helper

Friends ... please be careful

Yesterday I went to a Christmas party... had a few beers, followed by a few cocktails, followed by a few shots...

I still had the sense to know that I was over my limit. That's when I decided to do what I have never done before: I took a cab home.

Sure enough, there was a police roadblock on the way home, and since it was a cab, they waved it past.

I arrived home safely without incident.

This was both a great relief and a surprise because I had never driven a cab before. I don't even know where I got it from and, now that it is in my garage, I don't know what to do with it.

:) 

• Like 10

As much as I agree with your judgement of taking a cab. I don't agree with the police, not checking the cab driver. I'm reading your post, it's ok for cab drivers to drink in your area. However, I'm quite sure there not.

Edited by robongar

2 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

Friends ... please be careful

Yesterday I went to a Christmas party... had a few beers, followed by a few cocktails, followed by a few shots...

I still had the sense to know that I was over my limit. That's when I decided to do what I have never done before: I took a cab home.

Sure enough, there was a police roadblock on the way home, and since it was a cab, they waved it past.

I arrived home safely without incident.

This was both a great relief and a surprise because I had never driven a cab before. I don't even know where I got it from and, now that it is in my garage, I don't know what to do with it.

:) 

I suggest parking it in the back next to the school bus, mail truck and ambulance you "borrowed".

• Like 1

Its great that you didn't place your life as well as others at risk.

I'm with Mr. P on this one. All of those Army pre holiday "Don't drink and Drive" sessions pays off.

Unfortunately too many others don't think about the consequences. On Tday while I was at my in laws service station watching the turkeys bake a gentleman pulled up next to the store and then I just caught a glimpse of him speeding in reverse. I didn't think anything of it until a customer asked me where my BIL was. I said he is in the store some place and hed be right with him. Then the guy said, oh that must be him out there by the road. I looked up and my BIL was next to that van which had taken out the shrubbery, a utility lightg pole, and our mail box. I went out and the guy had passed out with his foot on the accelerator in reverse. He was still passed out when our local LEO pulled up. He had a 12 pack with 10 empty and 2 with less than 1/2 left. When the officer finally woke him up he said "I am going in the store to get a 6 pack". LOL

Needless to say he got a ride to our city LEO hotel.

Had he not hit out shrubbery and stuff he would have slammed into at least 5 cars at their speed of 45 and over. It would have been a tragic Tday for several families.

JR

• The topic was locked