Light-O-Rama Forums

Inserting short video clips

Bubba in NV

I have twp projectors for showing my video projects. I haved searched the forums and did not find my question answered clear enough for my feeble mind to comprehend.

So here it is...

I have watched videos (you tube, ect) of really great LOR sequences that included short video clips projected in a room or the side of the house. Is there a way to insert a few second clip into the timeline in various spots? Everytime I include a video clip to the sequence, the video starts, and I have no music, and if my sequences is several minutes long, and the video clip is only 30 seconds, the video is the only thing happening, NO MUSIC, and at the end of the 30 second video the sequence stops even if there is 4 minutes of sequence left. And I see no option of inserting it in a particular spot in the timeline.

The help files didn't help me much either.

Thanks............

I haven't really tried this yet but it sounds like you need to edit the music and video clip together. There are a few programs you can use for this windows movie maker should be on your computer ifyou have XP. I use sony vegas for my editing projects.

I have been using Windows Movie Maker for a while now. However my primary video / movie maker is AVS Video Maker and Power Director 6 (I am beta testing PD7 right now). I had already decided that it was easier to make a video clip with the music in it and have tried it with the LOR and the scheduler and it worked. BUT there were issuse with the music and lights being sequenced as good. You cant save your video clip music to wav that I am aware of.

Too bad you just cant simply plug in a video clip anywhere in the timeline like you can other programs. However, LOR basically is not a video producing program either.

Thanks for you response.