Light-O-Rama Forums

Setting the controllers

JimCanfield

I am wanting to install the disk I got with my controllers, but do I need to wait until the controllers are assembled? Since I have my songs sequenced I am loking into what needs to be done next. I should have my controllers assembled the first week of April.

You will need to have that installed before you test the controllers. Be sure to install the software before you plug in the USB adapter for the first time.

When the software is installed correctly, your PC should auto detect and install the USB device correctly when the adapter is plugged in. One other test would be to verify that the device manager shows a new com port after the adapter is connected, and it should go away when the adapter is unplugged.

The LOR hardware utility won't be able to tell if the adapter is working correctly until you have a controller live, but making sure the adapter is showing up as a com port will make life simpler later.

- Kevin

So these are the steps:

1. install software via the supplied CD
  2. plug the usb adaptor in
  3. follow on screen instructions

Thanks, I will do that tomorrow. Being sick I am trying to get all this piddly stuff done.