Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR2/S2 Demo Software

tonyjmartin

Liking what I've seen of LOR2, but having tapped out my discretionary spending with the MR16 group buy, is there a plan to release a demo version of S2 as there was with LOR1? You know, try it out and save your work, just not control lights.

Saves that debate with myself come June: software...controller...software...controller ...eeny...meeny...miny...MOE! :]

If you can afford the software now I would purchase it now. LOR2 is a free upgrade to users of LOR1. Rumor has it that after LOR2 is available for purchase it will cost more. So purchasing the software now may save you money down the road.

JimCanfield wrote:

Rumor has it that after LOR2 is available for purchase it will cost more.

I've read that LOR1 will be about $29, and LOR2 about $100, with it costing about $80 to upgrade from 1 to 2 after S2's official release, unless you already have LOR1. See post here.

Having used the LOR1 demo, and since the price will be about the same to license S2, there's really no rush, other than it would be nice to have a go at it. Then I could pay for a license if I want to use S2 to drive my display.

tonyjmartin wrote:

Then I could pay for a license if I want to use S2 to drive my display.

Actually, the power of S2 is not in driving the display, that takes very little in resources. The real benefit and power of S2 is in the sequencing. It uses a lot less resources than S1 when you are sequencing and has many more features that give you more precise control in the sequencing process. Add to that, the features enable faster sequencing. But, I can understand your desire to wait as far as economics. Been there, done that.