Light-O-Rama Forums

It is finished

JimCanfield

I just finished my 5 songs for this years show. This being my first year I am rather proud of myself getting this accomplished this eary.

Now off to building my 2 controllers, FM transmitter, my remaining 4 mini trees, stable, roof grid, tune to sign, and shelves for my garage.

Thanks for all the help you all have graciously given.

Congratulations. I have a suggestion though; wait a couple months and then go back and look at them again. You might be surprised at some of the changes you may want to make.

Denny wrote:

Congratulations. I have a suggestion though; wait a couple months and then go back and look at them again. You might be surprised at some of the changes you may want to make.

Excellent suggestion. I have sometimes gone back and changed the entire sequence.

I plan on setting up a mini display in my back yard this summer. That will allow me to get a real good feel for how my animations are coming and gives me a few more months to tweak if need be.

Guest wbottomley

Well... with 304 channels, 8 DMX fixtures, my sequencing won't begin until July. Adding five new songs which should put over an hour of music before repeating.

I'm usually finished around the second week of November. The thing that makes me mad, is last minute changes. I just don't know when to quit. :D

iresq wrote:

I plan on setting up a mini display in my back yard this summer. That will allow me to get a real good feel for how my animations are coming and gives me a few more months to tweak if need be.

My plan also. Although... I may put up actual parts of the display to really get the look right. I know how I am and I don't mind doing things a couple/three times to get something right... no matter how much work it turns out to be. :D