Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 8 sequences

saintjoe53@gmail.com

Sorry for being such a pain but being in my 60s not the most technical literate.  Have my pixie 8 added and in Hardware utiltity all strings light up.  When I run the sequence on the first string lights.  I ran the verifier and get the following errors

1.  Conflicting channel settings in sequence warning 27

2.  Channel is completely off Warning 28

3.  Channel is missing settings  Warning 30

4.  Channel uses undefined comm network  Warning 31

Any suggestion?

Joe,

You have at least 3 threads open for this very same issue. It's just a suggestion but it easier for people to help you if they don't have to keep looking at all 3 threads. If you just post in one thread it makes it easier for everyone to see what has been suggested already and not keep giving you the same advice. If someone gives you help and it doesn't work, fine, tell them in the same thread, please don't make us search all over the forums to try and help you. People will lose interest and you'll not get the help in a timely manner.

In an earlier thread I asked how you added your Pixie8 to Sequence Editor. I am trying to determine whether or not you added it as a Pixie8 or if you added it as a PixCon16. The reason this is important is because there is a bug in the latest version of LOR software (ver 4.3.16) that does not properly add the Pixie(s) to Sequence Editor. It would appear that this is the problem. Once we know that for sure, we can guide you on how to add the Pixie8 into Sequence Editor so that it will work for you. 

I understand you do not claim to be computer literate. That's ok, we can tailor our answer to make this work for you. We need your feedback.

Alan...

• Like 1

Joe,

There is a new version of LOR S4 available, it's version 4.3.18. Download this and try adding your Pixie8 to Sequence Editor again.

Download it here -->> http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-software-download/

Alan...

Edited by default
forgot link :)

Sorry you are right on the number.  Didn't realize I had done that.  I have the latest version of software and when I do the HU it shows up as a pixie 8.  I added it to my sequence editier by adding a device below and then selecting the pixie 8.  Also don't know if this could  be an issue as I added it with unit id 5 and then had to pull my unit id  4 so my setup is unit 1, unit 2, unit 3, and the pixie is unit 5.  I have actually fixed all the errors except the ones for the pixie 8 of 27 and 28. 

Thanks and I will pay more attention to my posts

Joe

26 minutes ago, saintjoe53@gmail.com said:

I have the latest version of software and when I do the HU it shows up as a pixie 8.  I added it to my sequence editier by adding a device below and then selecting the pixie 8.

Just to be clear, there is a new version of LOR S4 out as of Dec 6. The latest version is 4.3.18. Is this the version you have and installed the Pixie8 with?

If you open Sequence Editor and open the Pixie8 as shown in the picture below, does it look like this? Pay close attention to the Port numbers?

pixie8.png

I don't think your setup missing Unit ID 4 is an issue.

yes looks exactly like that.  I am going to do a quick update on software just to make sure did it right.  Do I need to delete the current pixie channel and re add?

Nope, I would think not, If it looks like the pic then it has installed it into Sequence Editor correctly. You can still get ver 4.3.18

Now to start looking at other things.

What are your other controllers? and more importantly are they all updated to the latest Firmware?

The Firmware update page is located here. --> http://www1.lightorama.com/firmware-updates/

Alan...

To be clear on my last post, (yours slid in before mine) No need to reinstall Pixie8, if channels look like the picture then that part is ok.

Alan..

I have 4 other controllers.  The CBM24 is running in stand alone mode and not connected to the network.  The other 3 are all CBT 16 channel controllers.  No I have not updated them yet but will get that done tomorrow when I can them better.

Alan

Just wanted you to know have them all working.  Thank you  Thank you   Thank you

Joe

Alan

Just wanted you to know have them all working.  Thank you  Thank you   Thank you

Joe

Unfortunately another question.  The red light just started blinking red and hardware utility no longer recognizing.  I have checked all connections and my software is v4.3.18 advanced.  It was working just fine a little earlier.

Further clarification.  Appears the problem is software as the HU states does not recognize port 4.  Check in the computer states port 4 is active and ok.

Joe

Further clarification.  Appears the problem is software as the HU states does not recognize port 4.  Check in the computer states port 4 is active and ok.......Correction, I have connected to another computer and the network.  Still get a blinking red light. Was working just great then it just started

Thanks

Joe

Please disregard as working with the help desk we discovered it was the controller.