Light-O-Rama Forums

It's a sequencing thing...

jtomason

Yeah I get it... and I'm with you on boycotting that lamer :D. Fix it or forget it! 

What is your normal timing grid? 0.10? 0.05? I usually use 0.10, but also frequently add a 0.05 for some faster sections of music. 

D.T.

Just now, DownTown said:

Yeah I get it... and I'm with you on boycotting that lamer :D. Fix it or forget it! 

What is your normal timing grid? 0.10? 0.05? I usually use 0.10, but also frequently add a 0.05 for some faster sections of music.

I've never done a sequence using a fixed grid.  I tried it back in 2007 with LOR1 and if I had to do it that way I'd have bailed from this hobby without ever having even ordered a controller.

Every sequence I've ever done - either for myself or for clients - has been with the Beat Wizard.  Lots of people who don't understand it complain about the BW and say it's no good.  To that, I say look at my videos and show me one you could have done better with a fixed grid.  So far, no takers.

6 minutes ago, George Simmons said:

Every sequence I've ever done - either for myself or for clients - has been with the Beat Wizard.  Lots of people who don't understand it complain about the BW and say it's no good. 

Ditto. Beat Wizard all the way.

George, 

I agree that your sequences are fantastic! I never realized that you did them with beat wizard. I was never able to get beat wizard to work satisfactorily. Maybe I should revisit and experiment some more. 

D.T.

I don't use the Beat Wizard, but that's because I sequence everything in SuperStar.  Back when I did sequence in Sequence Editor, I played with the BW and was not overly happy with the results.  I used a 0.05 second fixed timing grid.  SuperStar also uses 0.05 seconds.

45 minutes ago, DownTown said:

D.T.

I use the fixed .05 grid since that is what SuperStar uses and it's easier to line up effects between the two.

• The topic was locked