Light-O-Rama Forums

Need help

JStur23

My show is up and running.  Sometimes it just stops or will not start when scheduled.  Computer is running windows 10.  When I go to the computer the Comm Listener and control panel are no longer open.  Running pro version S4.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joey

Sounds like the machine is either crashing or rebooting. Is the control panel set to auto load at Windows startup. When do you have updates scheduled to happen. Check for programs running in the background.

The only way I know of that the CP will stop is by manually unloading it or by restarting the PC with auto load not checked.

Might be worth trying a reinstall of S4 in case something got broken.

Make sure windows update is turned off too.  If updates are automatically installing it may be forcing a reboot of your computer 

W10 updates can't actually be turned off, but you can schedule it to happen at a specific time, I let mine happen at 3.00 am.

Or you can just disconnect it from the internet when your show is running.. 

Thats what I started doing ... I dont have to worry about the AUTO UPDATE in the free/cheap version of Windows 10 from running that way... or upgrade your windows and then you can control it on/off etc, and not just when to check and run them... Or maybe try setting it to update at say 4 in the morning..

There is only ONE windows 10. Whether you upgraded, or got it with a new pc, or bought it after the free upgrade ended in Aug, it's all the same.

The reason upgrades are now mandatory is because the majority of folks never did it voluntarily creating a security problem fir everyone.

• The topic was locked