Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR II

Richard III

I have heard alot of good news about all the new featurs of LOR II and so forth. But my question is Exactly how do I go about converting over. I read somewhere that I should Save all my files to a seprate space that used LOR I (What exactly should I save.) and Where can I find the new software.

Thanks

Ricky

Read this about upgrading the LOR I software to S2 in this thread:

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum25/16162.html

I would make a backup of everything you currently have in LOR I .

I would then convert (into S2) from a copy of those files.

Then if for some reason you are not happy, you would have the original LOR I files preserved.

Once you convert a LOR I sequence into S2 (LOR II) you cannot go back to LOR I with the sequence file.

There could be some slight issues during the conversion, but there is a time shift capablility in S2 which normally corrects for this pretty easily.

There are a lot of nice things added in S2. Do it !

taybrynn wrote:

There could be some slight issues during the conversion, but there is a time shift capablility in S2 which normally corrects for this pretty easily.

What do you mean by this.

Sometimes the sequence is a second or two off on the timing. All you would do is shift the song that much and it will work just fine. From what I have seen, it does not happen that much.

I suggest upgrading right away with no hesitation. I was worried as well but when I did it it went smoothly with no problems for me. Besides, you have the best support here possible!

A few people have experienced a shift between the music and timings when converting to 2.0. A new feature in 2.0 allows for the shifting the entire sequence to line it back up. I don't have stats, but this appears to be a very small problem. Most have converted without any problem.

Oh My Gosh - This is totally amazing, why didnt I do it sooner?

I havent even begun to use all the new features and it is still totally amazing - Thanks Everyone and LOR !!

Check out the animator enhancements. You can put a much more detailed picture in it now. I think it works best with 640x480 or smaller.

Also, you may want to check out some of the track threads and maybe view the spacebar demo ... just to get a fell of some of the stuff better.

When you convert from LOR I ... you are still in a single track.

When you do new sequences or enhance old ones, you have the option of adding new tracks in S2.

Mountainwxman wrote:

And remember... the help menu will always have most of the information you're looking for.

Yes it does! I read through most of it last night and found alot of cool stuff.