Light-O-Rama Forums

Dec 1st! going live tonight! (I hope)

Need more lights

I took this week off for my "vacation" so I could get my display up/ tested and after 2 days of pouring rain, light strings acting badly,(first LED string failure in the 6 years of owning them)  a junk extension cord,(brand new of course) and a few other stupid glitches,(most of the display has been changed and added to, complete with new controllers and introducing RGB into the mix, so it was like starting from scratch) hopefully everything is going to play nice with me tonight. I'm using a Falcon Pi Player this year for my director and thats the only thing that I'm not sure is going to run it's schedule correctly or not. For some reason I can't connect to it locally,  just through the router. I have a RasClock installed but have no idea if it works right or not...The PI re-loads MT when it  connects to the router after powering it down even though I set the time to ET...three times now, But thats not a problem that can't be bypassed, just more of a mental frustration that keeps me saying WHY???? The PI and my FM transmitter are both neatly mounted on the door of my CG1500 with the power supply and the E682 on the back side, that is also controlling the five CTB16PC LOR controllers through DMX. Very clean and convenient to have the brain center and the transmitter all in one box. So tonight it goes live...fingers crossed! Anyone wants to see any pics of my brain center set up let me know. A big thank you for all the info I have found on the forums that have made it possible for this non techy average Joe to get my display the talk of the town. You all are a wealth of expertise and always very helpful to even the stupidest of questions. I only hope that I will be able to pass on some of my gained knowledge to others just starting to take a leap into this fascinating/ addicting hobby.:D    Merry Christmas everyone!        

Good luck Scott. Hope it all goes well for you. Sounds like you have made some major changes this year. But yes I am sure we all would love to see pics of the set up :)

31 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

Good luck Scott. Hope it all goes well for you. Sounds like you have made some major changes this year. But yes I am sure we all would love to see pics of the set up :)

Thank you Greg, I'm going to get a daytime walk through vid today as soon as I get the tree in the house and stood up. ( wife's orders) Finally have a nice day so it's going to happen in just a bit...

I PM'ed you about a week ago...so check your messages!

Good luck tonight.  

We had two days of rain here as well in Connecticut.  I kept the display off during that time.  It will be back on again tonight!  

Hoping IP68 means what it says!

Walt

• Like 1

Good luck tonight.  

We had two days of rain here as well in Connecticut.  I kept the display off during that time.  It will be back on again tonight!  

Hoping IP68 means what it says!

Walt

Man I don't miss that weather, it rained for 5 minutes for the first time in 3 weeks last night. It's been great putting up the display is a t shirt, shorts and flip flops lol

Good luck with going live tonight, is pretty much ready to flip the switch here on Saturday

31 minutes ago, 1983ss454 said:

Man I don't miss that weather, it rained for 5 minutes for the first time in 3 weeks last night. It's been great putting up the display is a t shirt, shorts and flip flops lol

Good luck with going live tonight, is pretty much ready to flip the switch here on Saturday

Ya ya...It was 30 degrees out on Monday night....so rub it in some more..<_<:D

Good luck on Saturday!

Edited by Need more lights

Really? you had to didn't you! LOL! Anything I can help with about the PI I will, I'm still learning about it myself. Can't wait to see what you've done with the new house....in ahh, "Winter Haven"^_^

Oooh! I just caught the quick clip, That looks awesome!

Edited by Need more lights

Well, the Pi Player lost it's mind again, I had to tell it again the date and time and it didn't start on it's own, it skipped over to tomorrow night as next scheduled start time, but I was a few minutes past the scheduled start when I went investigating and reset the time, so that might be whats up there....Need to work that bug out but was able to manually make it start the show....Found a few glitches(programing copy/paste misses) on one song. All fixed. The show is running off the Pi now in standalone mode, so that's a start. Just need to see if it decides to shut itself off at 10 like it's supposed to...I'm leaving the Pi powered from here on out to see if that's what's blowing it's mind...the clock is supposed  to deal with that with its battery, but who knows. It's new tech to me, I'm sure it's user error. I'm just glad to see it running and I already have people stopping to watch...That's really all that matters.

Yay! it shut itself down, so that's cool. Now to wait till tomorrow night to see if it wants to play nice and start like it should. Overall the opening show went very well, about 25 cars that I know of...Makes it all worthwhile...Now to work on more songs....^_^

1 hour ago, kryolla said:

Nice display what did you use as a cross bar for your arches EMT? Thanks

Thank you and yes 1/2" EMT Just wailed the ends with a sledge hammer to flatten it out for ease of drilling. 

• The topic was locked