Light-O-Rama Forums

run show or programming but not both

PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE

I can't find a way to disable a running show's dmx signals from going to the visualizer.  That makes working on programming while running a show impossible since I use the visualizer exclusively to check my work and see how it will look.  Anyone know a work around for this?

Got it now but for some reason unchecking "Use the LOR Visualizer"  did not work the first time I did it. 

Oh, now I can't see any dmx while playing the SE. Can't win. Unfortunately the time I have for programming is when the show is running.

There are lots of problems with this software suite, 4.3.14.  The time base in the PE editor did not line up with the SE when played back in the PE, The playback sound in the PE didn't even line up with the waveform.  Can't really program exact transitions that way.

Multi computers would be the best fix. My show computer does just that.....runs the show.  All editing, and programming happens on a second computer.  

Thanks, Don't have that luxury at the moment.  In any case, my workstation is decked out, it's not the computers fault but I understand what you're saying. Running two computers isolates the output.  Just to check, I stopped the show and the PE sound and waveform still didn't line up unless you start from the very beginning of the track.  Who has time for that?  That's software problems! Ver. 4.3.14

1 minute ago, PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE said:

Just to check, I stopped the show and the PE sound and waveform still didn't line up unless you start from the very beginning of the track.  Who has time for that?  That's software problems! Ver. 4.3.14

In all probability, that's a problem with your sound file.  That rather common problem is that the mp3 files is using Variable Bit Rate.  Run it through Audacity and convert it to a Constant Bit Rate file and that problem will go away.  The problem is that with a VBR file, there is no way to know exactly where in the file 74.2 seconds is located without playing from the beginning.

BTW, I also highly recommend having a dedicated show computer.  Note that it does not take much of a computer to play a show.  I'm using an old XP desktop that I got five years ago as a lease return refurb, so I figure it's at least seven years old.  I paid a whole whopping $80 for it.

Well...the SE can start anywhere in the track without difficulty using 'play from selection', 'play visible screen' etc..  Having a logical mind leads me to believe it has to be the way the PE works.  I don't believe I had that trouble with this track when I used ver. 4.2.12 last year.  It must have worked correctly because I programmed a lot of pixel data with constant effect changes (using fire effect and 10 steps as a VU meter, tedious but cool) and don't remember any trouble.  Tomorrow I'll reboot and see what happens.