Light-O-Rama Forums

audio analysis error

medman2000

Hi all - any thoughts? I am under the gun trying to use LOR to control music and DMX lights for a friend's wedding. I used audacity to splice together 2 hours of music, with fades and blends and some pretty cool mixing.

LOR handles the 2 hour file ok in terms of music playing, but I really need the waveform so I can identify the transitions between songs - and I get this error:

Audio Analysis error - cannot allocate memory for canonical wave file

I've never had memory problems on my computer, and I have nothing else running, so was surprised by this. I guess if I'm stuck I'm stuck, but if anyone has any thoughts or work-arounds to help me see a waveform please post. Wedding is 3/15 and I have to be programming the lights by tomorrow night 3/14 otherwise I go to plan "B" (aim my lights at the walls and put on automode and start drinking beer).

Thanks!

It is a known problem on large audio files. I saw and reported it back during the beta testing and it still exists today. I know it was documented somewhere when S2 was first released. Once I found the problem, I tried on at least 4 different machine and they all exhibited the exact problem on those files. My recommendation is that you cut the audio into smaller pieces. You'll have to experiment to see just how long you can go. Then set up a show to have them play in the correct order.

dslowik wrote:

It is a known problem on large audio files. I saw and reported it back during the beta testing and it still exists today. I know it was documented somewhere when S2 was first released. Once I found the problem, I tried on at least 4 different machine and they all exhibited the exact problem on those files. My recommendation is that you cut the audio into smaller pieces. You'll have to experiment to see just how long you can go. Then set up a show to have them play in the correct order.

Ok cool, thanks for the reply!