Light-O-Rama Forums

Why playing a sequence in Visible Screen the timming gets off

hc

If i play in "full sequence" everything is fine, but when i play in "Visible Screen" Sometimes the timing is off and sometimes it's not. The song is in MP3 format.

So when the timing is off i can't build the sequence. Anyone have a soulation to this.

from what I have been told it is the coding of the MP3 file. You can change it to a .WMV file and it should fix it. There is a discussion about this here, let me see if I can find it for you.

I am new to this as well but here is what I did. I loaded it into Audacity then saved it as a .WAV file. I would think any audio program that converts audio should do the trick. Your goal is to make it a .WAV file, not an MP3. Sorry I am not much more informative. I hope to learn more.

JimCanfield wrote:

from what I have been told it is the coding of the MP3 file. You can change it to a .WMV file and it should fix it. There is a discussion about this here, let me see if I can find it for you.

I think you mean .wav file, not .wmv.:D

edit: Also, if the MP3 is at a variable bit rate, you will have that problem. Best bet is to convert to .wav and use that to do your sequence.

I think I heard someone say that Audacity is the best audio program to use to fix the encoding of the mp3. It seems to be better than others when working with LOR. Plus, it's free, so that's good. (If you want your song to stay an mp3, just open it up in audacity and click File > Export as MP3, instead of Export as WAV.)