Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR II Crash with Wave Form and Beat Wizard

ChristmasJim

I just upgraded from LOR I to LOR II (2.0.14). I can open my old file fine, but as soon as I click either the wave form button or try to go to the Beat Wizard - BAM - the software crashed. I get the MS Vista message "Light-O-Rama sequence editor has stopped working".

I have tried reinstalling the software and that did not work, and I tried to create a new file from scratch and that did not work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim

It had trouble the first time I tired it (same issue as before) but when I switched my music source to a .wav file it worked without a problem. I have tried LOR II with both .wav and .mp3 file to no avail.

Hi,

Does LOR give any message, or is the only one the one coming from Vista?

Does this happen for all of the song files that you tried, or some of them?

Could you please send me a copy of an mp3 that this happens for?

Thanks.

The message is just the Vista one. I have just tried just two songs - I am still quite a newbie so my sample size of material is not that great. I'll try a couple more songs tonight when I get back from work to make sure that it is not just a bum song. I'll send you something if I still cannot get it to work.

Thanks for the help.

Well after Googling this error message, I seemed to have overcome the issue by turning off the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) for all the LOR applications. That seemed to do the trick.

Will this create a massive security hole by doing this? Has anyone else solved this problem this way?

Jim