Light-O-Rama Forums

50-watt RGB Floods

jamills706

OMG!!!!!!

I just powered up my new 50-watt RGB Floods in the yard, in the dark, for their first run! WOW!!!!!

That's all I can say!!!

Just WOW!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, jamills706 said:

OMG!!!!!!

I just powered up my new 50-watt RGB Floods in the yard, in the dark, for their first run! WOW!!!!!

That's all I can say!!!

Just WOW!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. 

• Like 1

I can imagine.  I'm using 10w RGB floods in my display this year and they pack a nice punch.  50w has to be even more so!

Edited by Jaynee

• 2 weeks later...

They are nice. But I just had one of the three ordered in October go out on me tonight. Not happy at the moment. Tried swapping the power adapter and using the Hardware utility to test. HU does not see the device.

8 minutes ago, drmoon68 said:

They are nice. But I just had one of the three ordered in October go out on me tonight. Not happy at the moment. Tried swapping the power adapter and using the Hardware utility to test. HU does not see the device.

If it rained any at all, open the cat5 connectors up, shake 'em dry, then use hair dryer to be sure, soft metal bush on your cat5 male end - bamm. Back in business.   (Talking from experience of course...)

Then, after repairing - clear silicon on the ends.

Good luck.

Thanks. This was the last one in a series so the second ethernet port never had anything connected. I tried that one also and the Hardware utility still could not find it.

It had rained two night before. The night before it went out, it was actually dry.

I have opened a support ticket and I will see what they have to say.

I have to say Light O Rama really does take care of customers. Spoke to a person this morning and they said a replacement was already in the works. 

He did tell me a few things that I thought I would pass along, non of which applied to me. If you make your own Ethernet cables, know they do inject power over the cable. So if you make a mistake and get the wrong pin out, if power is injected over the data, it will fry the circuit.

Thank you Light O Rama for very good customer server.

Edited by drmoon68
Adding information

On 11/28/2016 at 8:03 AM, Jaynee said:

I can imagine.  I'm using 10w RGB floods in my display this year and they pack a nice punch.  

Glad to hear that - I bought some 10w to replace multiple red/green incandescent floods this year and was hoping they would be adequate.  

• The topic was locked