Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequences on SD Card

erinshaneb

We have a 16 bit controller and bought it two years ago...Every year I say I am going to learn how to sequence them, but here we are on year three and still newbies...I have a MAC and have found sequences online, but I don't know how to get them to our controller..I have an SD card slot on my computer, can I just copy them to the SD card and the controller will know what to do or is there some program I need to load them into before putting them on there? Any input would be great ! Thank you 

Welcome to the forum.

No, it's not quit as easy as copying to the sd card.

Assuming you have a minidirector or the showtime controller. You'll have to purchase the Lightorama software, if you haven't already. Then open the LOR Control Panel. Go to Simple Show Builder. Plug in your sd card (Kingston or Lexar - never Sandisk...another story..) Select which style player you have and it walks you through from there.

Good luck.

Thank you.. we do have the mini director that came with our controller...I'll have to figure out how to download the software with my MAC..

13 minutes ago, erinshaneb said:

Thank you.. we do have the mini director that came with our controller...I'll have to figure out how to download the software with my MAC..

Don't just get the basic plus license because that's what you might need today. Think about where you want to go with this in the future. Might be better to get a higher level now. Here's your options:

http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-suite-software/

Edited by Mega Arch

Why not Sandisk?  I used one in my DC-MP3 Director for 4+ years and never had issues with any of them.  I had 4 I used, never had a problem with the SanDisk SD Cards.

Edited by Orville
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Orville said:

Why not Sandisk?  I used one in my DC-MP3 Director for 4+ years and never had issues with any of them.  I had 4 I used, never had a problem with the SanDisk SD Cards.

You're one of the few lucky ones. Most of us have to go with what LOR recommends. My Sandisk had to be held at an angle to work. Had to adjust it everyday. Put the show on the recommended Kingston card and never touch it.

So you that are lucky - keep going. But if starting new, why chance it?