Light-O-Rama Forums

Track Deletion

Denny

Can a track be deleted from the sequence editor? I don't see anything in the menus saying "Delete Track." If I delete all the channels from the track, will that automatically delete the track?

Denny wrote:

If I delete all the channels from the track, will that automatically delete the track?

No, if you delete all the channels from the track, then save the sequence, it will save a corrupt file. Don't do that. If you then try to open the sequence, it will tell you: "No tracks in channel" and fail to load it.

Steven,

Fortunately, I didn't try deleting the channels. I did as Billl suggested and the tracks went bye-bye, I think, without any problems.

And thanks Bill for pointing me in the right direction. I never would have thought to right click on the Track title bar. Did a search in the help pages to delete a track but could not find anything.

Steven wrote:

Denny wrote:
If I delete all the channels from the track, will that automatically delete the track?

No, if you delete all the channels from the track, then save the sequence, it will save a corrupt file. Don't do that. If you then try to open the sequence, it will tell you: "No tracks in channel" and fail to load it.

The current version of S2 does not allow you to delete all channels from a track. You will see that the delete and remove options are not available when there is only one channel remaining in a track.

One important thing when deleteing channels from a track. If your tracks are duplicates and the channels are duplicated in them then you want to REMOVE the channel from the track. If you DELETE the channel it is removed from all tracks.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

The current version of S2 does not allow you to delete all channels from a track.

I have version 2.0.14. What is the "current version" and is it released yet?

bob wrote:

Steven, could you please tell me how you got rid of all the channels from a track? Thanks.

I used the Channel Property Grid.

Steven wrote:

bob wrote:
Steven, could you please tell me how you got rid of all the channels from a track? Thanks.

I used the Channel Property Grid.

Steven, Thanks.... I did not try deleting them all with Channel Property Grid. As you mentioned it does cause a problem.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

I did not try deleting them all with Channel Property Grid. As you mentioned it does cause a problem.

I had a reputation for being able to find software bugs by doing things that no one else would even think of. I guess I still can do it! :)

LOR 2.0.14 is the same code as S2, which will be the new showtime software. S1 will be repackaged and sold at a discount.

Currently, 2.0.14 has been released as S2 but with an internal expiration date. Once the licensing and registration has been worked out, S2 (ver 1.0?) will be released.

Richard III wrote:

How come everyone calls LOR II "S2"

That is a good question. iresq's response was correct.

As far as why we renamed it to S2... Well, we were in syllable conservation mode and decided we could get a 50% reduction in syllables with S2. ;)

Actually it actually stands for Showtime Suite II (S2). We changed the name in December when we posted this: http://lightorama.com/LORIIS2.html

Dan